The New 78100GT Duals!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

CrAzY_GaMeR_07

Daemon Poster
The New 7800GT Duals!!!!!

article from tomshardware.com

Two's Company, Four's a WOW! Sneak Preview of NVIDIA Quad GPU SLI

The Asus Muscle Card: If You've Got The Money...

intro.jpg

Thanks to the PCI Express (PCIe) interface, combining two graphics cards in an SLI configuration is easily achieved. Just plug two identical GeForce 6 or GeForce 7 cards into the motherboard, and connect them with the SLI bridge connector. The two cards will then split the 3D rendering load between them, which can result in a performance improvement of up to 70 percent in everyday life. Now that PCI Express motherboards are available with PCIe x32 - or, more correctly, two x16 slots - there are also some new and intriguing possibilities.

Enter Asus with its brand new Extreme GeForce 7800 GT Dual. This monster of a graphics chip sports two 7800 GT chips running in parallel. We'd like to note a few things that are special about this card. First, only 2000 samples of this my-card-is-faster-than-your-card graphics board exist, worldwide. Second, the THG lab received two of them. Third, although the cards lack the usual SLI connectors, two of these monsters can nonetheless be combined via SLI. That means we can now achieve Quad SLI with four GeForce 7800 GT chips and a total of 1 GB of video memory.

front-and-back-asus-cards.jpg

The position of the graphics chips can be made out on the back of the board. The front is covered completely by the huge cooler that blocks the view of the components.

no-sli-bridge.jpg

The typical SLI connector that is used to link two PCI Express cards is conspicuously absent.

packshot-asus-extreme-n7800gt-dual.jpg

The package of the Asus Extreme N7800GT DUAL: The sword is not in the front.

READ THE REST OF THE ARTICLE @ http://www.tomshardware.com/2005/12/14/sneak_preview_of_the_nvidia_quad_gpu_setup/page2.html

ASUS was going to do the same thing with their Dual 6800 Ultra card, but the 7800's were released too soon.

This is what the 6800 Dual looked like (w/o the heatsink):

11105754891jzNvqv03F_1_1_l.jpg

Did they decide to just step up and do the 7800gt? Or did they have good results with the 6800 they tryed the 7800.

And I'm sure it won't be long before I start seeing "Unreal2007 to require 8GPUs to run at semi-acceptable framerates at low settings" :rolleyes:

............are you freakin kidding me? Their own power source in the back........jesus..........just what I need is yet another power cable for someone to trip on and possible damage my computer or otherwise just **** me off. That wouldn't happen now, but where my computer used to be, I could easily see someone tripping over the cord or both and yanking em out.

Buuuuuuuut yeah, just ridiculous....that's all I got to say

Third, although the cards lack the usual SLI connectors, two of these monsters can nonetheless be combined via SLI. That means we can now achieve Quad SLI with four GeForce 7800 GT chips and a total of 1 GB of video memory.
Immagine using these with that gigabyte quad sli motherboard!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom