Need suggestions

Status
Not open for further replies.
i bet when my computer is as old as yours itll still be running battlefeild and ut2k4 or even...... longhorn

waynejkruse10 said:
yeah, good on you, you must have patience....

It also takes a lot of patience to have an average download speed of 700 bytes/sec when you all enjoy 300-600 KB/sec. I may have an awesome computer, but I do need a serious internet connection to suppliment that. I find out monday if I can get Cox, and if I can, I will be so happy. If I can't, I will be preparing to have an additional dish on the roof of my house.

Emily said:
Learn how to play guitar. Or drums. It should help with your girlfriend problems. :p

Damn...the keyboardists are under-respected...:p

I lose again! :mad:

Anyhow, I think the programming idea is a good one. Something I've never personally done. Also, if you can get a hold of Gentoo Linux, try installing that. That can take hours to get it functioning properly apparently :laughing:

beedubaya said:
Pretty much my entire life is online, but now that I am stuck with a 9600 baud connection for the next two months or so, my online days are over. I need suggestions on what I could do to get me through these next couple of months. Keep in mind, I have no girlfriend, I don't drink, and I have been alienated by my friends, so I don't currently live the life most teenagers do. Any ways, what would you suggest I do in this situation.

Learn a hobby.

I do wood work so I can say that I did not spend the entire week end / holiday infront of a computer.
Like this chistmas I am planning on making a cabnet so I can put my home entertainment gear in.

I do skateboardiing form silulare reasons (Okay, I am not good on it, but I am out side and away for the computer)

Otherwise.... get a job. There a quick way of killing your free time.

Re: Re: Need suggestions

Harper said:
Learn a hobby.

I do wood work so I can say that I did not spend the entire week end / holiday infront of a computer.
Like this chistmas I am planning on making a cabnet so I can put my home entertainment gear in.

I do skateboardiing form silulare reasons (Okay, I am not good on it, but I am out side and away for the computer)

Otherwise.... get a job. There a quick way of killing your free time.

Yea, woodwork is something I want to give a try sometime......

I use to skateboard, but before I could ever nail a kickflip, my board broke and I haven't bought a new one yet......i was so close but my stupid foot slipped off the board when i was landing!!! it was so frustrating..and yes, jobs are a VERY good way to take up some extra time.....

Edit: Oh yea, and if you have a few bucks to spare.......you should give gas powered r/c air planes a try....those things are a blast.... ^_^ I stilll have to finish building mine.....I'm rebuilding a 70s trainer and my brother has a P-38 lightning that he hasn't finished yet either.......

I never really have liked woodwork.....but I guess it would be something to do. I am currently looking for a job. I had a job at UPS, but I got fired after 3 days. :(

Have you tried switching modems?Sometimes some modems dont handle line noise as well as others, also check the run length from your pc to the junctionbox, make that shorter if you can.Check the phone line connection at the junction box too.....last time I had dialup I had the same problem, went and wiggled the wires at the junction box and went from 18k to about 42k :)

There's so much more you can do besides surf too, learn how to program for example, experiment with different OS's, lots of things to do.

on a old internal modem i started getting 16k, but after using a external one with proper drivers it ment up to 48/52

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom