Need suggestions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Learn how to play guitar. Or drums. It should help with your girlfriend problems. :p

waynejkruse10 said:
now i have 512k adsl 56k seems like a chore but sometimes i just have to put up with it.

haha! i just got my adsl line upgrded on wednesday and its 2Mbps!!!!! :p

just thought i'd share. ;)

well, hmm lemme think, unlike some of you here, dont like paying through the roof to download some measly files at a slightly faster speed, you must have some sort of problem to have to pay so much for a faster internet connection so instead of a song taking 2mins, itll take 1min to download......
just thought i should share that.

and my comment on 512k, i was saying 56k was a chore, not 512, 512 is heaps good. at the school the admin has capped each computer download speeds at about 256k each, and the school has like some sort of fibre optic thing

Using this thread to show off your faster internet speeds is not helping me at all, because I am having a hard time dealing with this. It takes me 20 minutes to download a 1MB file on this internet. The thing is, there is no cable or DSL where I live, so I have no hope. My only way out of it was that wireless service and now thats gone. :( :( :( :(

well, if that's the case then beedub.....then i'd go with sattelite internet.....it has it's downsides, but from what i'm hearing.......it's wayyyy better than what you currently got.......and also, I was just talking to a person that works for directtv, and he said that in 6months they're coming out with 3gb.....yea, you heard me....3gb sattelite connection!!!! and the way he was talking, it's cheap!!! So, I don't know if what he is saying is a bunch of BS or if it's the truth.......but time will tell

FireFox said:
well, if that's the case then beedub.....then i'd go with sattelite internet.....it has it's downsides, but from what i'm hearing.......it's wayyyy better than what you currently got.......and also, I was just talking to a person that works for directtv, and he said that in 6months they're coming out with 3gb.....yea, you heard me....3gb sattelite connection!!!! and the way he was talking, it's cheap!!! So, I don't know if what he is saying is a bunch of BS or if it's the truth.......but time will tell

Wow....3Gb??? In my opinion, thats the only way satellite is ever going to be serious competition in the broadband market...is if they can have a pro such as super-high speed to counter-balance the cons such as high latencies and such. They are going to test my area for Cox cable on monday, so if I can get that, I will be so happy. If I can't, I guess DirecWay satellite is my only other choice.

hmm, firstly what would you call that computer in your sig, i would give that bragging rights over my computer, but yeah, well bad luck about the dodgy phone lines, but your still should be happy with you fast athlon 64 and 19in crt. I would rather have a computer like yours and no internet than mine and 512k. So think yourself lucky

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom