In Need Of A Suggestion!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cheesticks

Beta member
I am about to start up a business in Singapore, to sell shirts. I have no capital, whatsoever...

That is why I have come up with a plan which I'm prayin will work out alright. I will be employing outdoor salespersons, and their pay will be according to the number of T-Shirts they sell in one week.

For example:

1 to 7 Shirts - USD$8 / Shirt
8 to 15 Shirts - USD$8.50 / Shirt
16 Shirts And Above - USD$9 / Shirt

If Mr ABC sells 15 shirts a week, he will get around USD$127.5 or around SGD$210 a week.

He lacks one more T-Shirt before he will be able to get USD$9 a shirt or SGD$15 a shirt. Selling that extra shirt will yield him an extra USD$16.5 or around SGD$30, that I plan to be for his motivation.

However, I have done some research on the internet and have found that a plain T-Shirts costs around USD$3 or SGD$2, which excludes priniting. That would ultimately mean that I will have to sell my T-shirts above USD$15 or SGD$20 to break even.

Therefore, I'm appealing for any suggestions, any at all. This would be of tremendous help.

In case you're wondering why I dont have any capital is the fact that I am just 17 ;D.

By the way, I really hope that you guys would be able to help. I thank you guys in advance

why would u psy them usd$8-9 per shirt?
thats good pay for someone if they sell just 1 shirt per hour and if they even sell 2 every 3 hours its $6 and hour. i assume people will be able to sell more than one shirt and hour so they will b making mayb $18+ per hour and they will get way more per hour than u and you r the one buying the product. so atleast split the the profits 50-50 or evn more for u depending on how many u sell.

Singapore's economy ain't that bad, fitzfan. Sure, it's bad...but it's like gold to Mexico.

Singapore dollar 1.60 = 1.00 American Dollar

Just remember the currency is way different, $8 their is probably like a million rubies or something. You must do market research and see how much the average T-shirt costs in that country and then put yourself competitivley in the market. Pay them an hourly wage plus a bonus for x amount sold, the hourly wage should be just above minimum wage or where you are still making a good profit. Locate stalls in the tourist sections and sell Some T-shirts that can be souvenirs(clever slogans that relate to the area) and then some cool stuff for the locals.

8 dollars a shirt? are these blank shirts? if they are id rather pay 5$ for 10 blank shirts.

whoops wasnt paying attention. 15$ a shirt???

RETHINK YOUR PLAN. im not tryin to be mean but if there are swapmeets or places like that in singapore your shirts dont stand a chance.

most people dont like being bothered by a salesman to buy a 15$ plain shirt.

I still want to know why he wants to sell shirts in Singapore...

Anyway, $8 is not like a million rubies to the people in Singapore. They aren't that bad. $8 bucks is $12.80 in Singapore dollars. That's some cheap million rubies.

ShoobieRat said:
I still want to know why he wants to sell shirts in Singapore...

I am trying to work out why he is on TECH-FORUM (of all the places)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom