Need some help.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pyrothrillah

In Runtime
Got an email this morning from a guy that wants the following:

*Installation of 80 Gigabyte Hard drive on a pep tium 4 desktop PC.
*Installation of 512 Megabyte memory on HP Vectra Windows XP SP3 Computer Systems.(3 units)
*Installation of windows 7 on HP G72 17.3 inch laptop (2 units)
*Installation of windows 7 on HP Pavillion ZD7000 Laptop (3 units)

What should I charge him? I've really got no clue I don't want to be too high, but not too cheap either :)

For that amount of installations charge him by install and configuration of the os.
I would do it 20 or 15.00 a set, if there are any problems with said computers than otherwise stated....
Charge him a 35 computer repair cost with parts included and write out a estimate and contract.
That prevents any misunderstandings and no you said or he said this drama which occurs without proof of receipts and documents.

It's none of my business but is this guy local near you, that email sounds familiar like the one I got in march, and that guy was a flat out a lier. -_-

He's somewhat local I believe, I'm waiting on a response from him to find out more information.

What was the guy lying about in your case?

Lets just say his proposal didn't sound so hot, I sent him back a reply when i received the email and never heard from him again.
Also his email was not real I backed traced it that night and found he is a scam artist.

Check your pm and you'll see what I mean, but whatever you decide to do, becarefull out there.

HD install = $20

RAM install = $20

OS install = by the hour w/two hour minimum, but since you can do them at the same time you might cut him a discount. Hourly rate is discretionary, but not less than $25.

Of course, this could vary depending on what is charged in your area. Charging a little less than competitors is good for business, but overcharging or cutting your own throat is not.

It's rather high in my area. I guess because when you have only one computer shop and everyone wants the magical computer genie to fix their computer and obviously don't mind paying $120+ bucks to get a "virus wipe".

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom