Need some "grass"

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheEnd187

Banned
ok so we finally bought a new house and as you know it didn't come with any grass in the backyard, we dont plan on doing any landscaping anytime soon, so does any one know any good breeds of grass that look good? i've hear zoisa? is good but does anyone know any better types of grass?, preferably grass that doesnt grow too tall

I don't exactly know a lot about grass, but I do know that you should take your climate into consideration.
how often does it rain?
what sort of temperatures do you get, and how much does it vary?

well we just moved into cow country, its in the desert , i dont really know the climate but so far it is averaging 50C in the morning, 70C n the evening and, 55C at night. it really sucks out here. i haven't seen it rain here but it looks like the climate is the same as where we used to live if anything it rains for 15 days a year

^ Yep, but don't go to home depot or anything. They will just try to sell you some. You need to find the kind that grows best for your climate, and then see if it's available in sod form, which works a million times better than sowing seed.

Alright lemme try to remember what we put in... it was a 50% mix of....uhhh. Ok yeah, I dont remember. I live in Northern Arizona and we have a low water requirement grass in our backyard. I should know what the darn mixture is, I spent a long fricking time working on putting it in.

buffalo grass.

And lets just get rid of the "Emo grass so it'd cut itself" right here and now cause I'm sure that would come up atleast once in here.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom