Need a new desk

Status
Not open for further replies.

tj_extreme

Daemon Poster
I'm in need of a new desk. I want a corner "L" shaped desk. Not too big, as I want to be able to put it in a bedroom if the need arises, but big enough I can stick 3 monitors on it, or above it. Speaking of, I also need a tri monitor stand. For the desk, I don't care if it's glass, plastic, wood, metal or any other material known to man. I don't really have the time to build it myself, and I'd rather skip all the ******** associated with that. So, any suggestions?

Good luck finding a nice big desk capable of properly housing 3 monitors. I have been on the hunt for that for a while. Most people I know of either modify an L desk or use a long table. I'm personally thinking of using our dining room table.

I know, I know... you said you don't want to biuld, but do you want to pay the money associated with something that large?

and if you do it right it will be cheaper than going out and buying one, Just not as fancy, but then I am more utilitarian than esthetics.

Plus you COULD always use a straight desk and mount the monitors to the wall. Find the studs and then use a shim to find the angle you want for the outer ones.

There I go again... Auto mechanic I am not, but part time carpenter I can be! LOL

I almost bought a Galant L shaped desk... I bought a U shape with a hutch from Costco instead. I second the Galant :tongue:

Good luck finding a nice big desk capable of properly housing 3 monitors. I have been on the hunt for that for a while. Most people I know of either modify an L desk or use a long table. I'm personally thinking of using our dining room table.

Me too, and it's time to find one already.

I know, I know... you said you don't want to biuld, but do you want to pay the money associated with something that large?

and if you do it right it will be cheaper than going out and buying one, Just not as fancy, but then I am more utilitarian than esthetics.

Plus you COULD always use a straight desk and mount the monitors to the wall. Find the studs and then use a shim to find the angle you want for the outer ones.

There I go again... Auto mechanic I am not, but part time carpenter I can be! LOL

I don't want the monitors on the wall, because I need to be able to move the setup to another room. I don't need a 3 monitor stand, I can just set the monitors back on the desk. Budget is pretty tight, but I'm not THAT good at wood work.
I prefer the Ikea Galant. Its 3' deep. There are L shapes, extensions and tons of other stuff.

This isn't mine but this is something you can do with parts and accessories for the galant system.

http://i55.photobucket.com/albums/g125/JLangevin/office1.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/2kOkmh.jpg

Also here is the Galant stuff on their website: Combinations - GALANT system - IKEA

The Galant does look appealing. I'll check around Craigslist for one before I buy on @ MSRP though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom