need help on a truck

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ronnie

Console Gamer
so i dont know alot about cars or trucks

but i need a little truck that can haul some things, nothing major, just furniture and what not

so i found a little Chevy s10 with a 2.2l 4 cylinder engine in it, which is great because it will save me on gas and ****

but i was telling a friend about it and he said something like "no dont get that, that engine isn't reliable for **** it would be like driving a cavalier, you would be better off getting a 4.3L, youll lose more in gas but its ALOT more reliable"

is he right?
is that engine not reliable and crappy?

any links would be helpful

thanks in advanced

well.... all the 4 cyl. model s-10's always seem to be the ones on the side of the road with "FREE" written in lipstick on the rear windows.

If you want a reliable truck with a 4 cyl. look into a early 90's Toyota pick-up with the 22r (they all have the 22r. :p)

The 22R is a sweet engine. I used to have a Cressida with one.

I already told you. Is it carbuerated? Or fuel injected.... either way, that motor is not something I myself would want to own.

American car companies don't make very good 4 cyl. engines. You want an import. Toyota, Nissan, Mazda... etc

imo Toyota makes the best small engine trucks... my dad has a '95 pickup with a 3.6L V6 in it....it also has 286k miles on it with no major repairs...it's powerful enough to haul a trailer and junk..and still gets around 23hmpg and 20cmpg

while i do value your guys opinions and i appreciate if you keep giving me them but does anyone have any links showing how bad they are or what the major problems are with them?

Here's a idea, it may even be a good one! Yea, I know...a good idea coming from me?!?! NO WAI!!! OMGZ LAWLZ

But, why don't you try googling it?

you internet guys and always needing written proof and benchmarks.... it's like a bunch of ignorant scientists... When you have a person to person conversation about something like this.. you typically take their word? Right....

Personally I would avoid any of the older s-10/ blazer models. They ran of some iffy vaccum systems and are just known for nickel and diming you.

Is there any reason you are so set on this specific truck? Are you going to get some killer deal on it or something.

no really???

i tried googling it but i guess im not wording my searches right because i dont find anything useful, mostly just cars for sale and what not

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom