Need Help: Someone's messing with my personal life...

krazyq

krazy Techie
Hey guys,
Sorry if the title is dramatic...

So yesterday I go to my fb and try searching for someone, I notice a bunch of previous searches done of someone else I never searched for, it was from a dark part of my past...I go wtf, how the heck did this happen, I haven't seen that name for like 7 years.
Then I do a deeper dive onto my google search and see that someone was trying to search for that person on google as well and even on white pages on March 21st around 1 am.
I kept questioning my wife in the beginning in my head and it just didn't make sense, why now, why all of a sudden. We've been married 5 years, together 7 and we've had ups and downs but it's been really good so far. She knows about that dark past and it wasn't good for her so it didn't make sense.
Is someone effin with me? Someone got on my facebook and google searches.
I've been trying to figure out what device and what location these searches were made.
I was going to goto my parents house cos I think my google account and maybe fb might be saved there so was it my younger sister??? that doesn't make sense either lol . I mean she has some lying issues but if she's trying to stir something up that's really messed up.
I finally had to confront my wife which I never wanted to, she'd never lied to me and she had no idea wth I was talking about, I went specific which I didn't want do and man she was like wth, I know she isn't lying, i'd be able to tell and it seriously doesn't make any sense. Plus I'm pretty sure we were both asleep at that time, it was a work night, it was Tuesday march 21st at like 107 am.
Can any of you guys help me with some advice on how I can try figuring out who did this like where were these searches done.
Thanks

Take a step back and look at the whole picture. How likely is it that someone A) got ahold of a device that has your Google and FB info saved on it and B) randomly does that and searches for some random person in your past? Seems like a near impossibility to me. What would they even have to gain from doing something like that? It would be one thing if they got on your profiles and searched for something incriminating or embarrassing, but it isn't like anyone would know anyway. Hell, you wouldn't have known if you hadn't randomly looked at your search history.

I dont want to sound like a dick but id put money on it being the wife.

Who else not only has access to your google and facebook, and from what i gather knows this name and isnt happy about whatever situation dealing with them?

As far as i know theres not a way to find out what specific device searched for it?

Facebook security in the settings should have all devices that have been connected and the last time seen logged in as well as Google. I'd start there.

Take a step back and look at the whole picture. How likely is it that someone A) got ahold of a device that has your Google and FB info saved on it and B) randomly does that and searches for some random person in your past? Seems like a near impossibility to me. What would they even have to gain from doing something like that? It would be one thing if they got on your profiles and searched for something incriminating or embarrassing, but it isn't like anyone would know anyway. Hell, you wouldn't have known if you hadn't randomly looked at your search history.
I have tried thinking about it over and over in my head and it doesn't make any sense why she would...and she's never lied to me, Our relationship has been really honest. And she seemed very confused when I started bringing it up, she didn't even know what white pages was. I might have saved my login info at my friends or parents place but these would've been the 3 closest friends I have they would never ever do anything like this, these guys are like my brothers we've been close since junior high.
I know and I get what the obvious answer would be to people, I would probably think the same if someone asked me this.
Man this is going to really bug me.
I dont want to sound like a dick but id put money on it being the wife.

Who else not only has access to your google and facebook, and from what i gather knows this name and isnt happy about whatever situation dealing with them?

As far as i know theres not a way to find out what specific device searched for it?
I know it's an obvious answer but I'm trying to back track that day and time and I really believe we were all sleeping, I'm a very light sleeper, we both go to bed together or it's usually her first while I chill on the pc. When she wakes up to use the restroom in the middle of the night I wake up so idk...
Facebook security in the settings should have all devices that have been connected and the last time seen logged in as well as Google. I'd start there.

Thanks, I checked it showed me different devices but only the last time it was accessed, not specific day, like I can't go back in history.
Am I bi polar? waking up in my sleep and doing something I don't know in the middle of the night, I've seriously thought about this, like was a drunk (i wasn't)

Here's another thing I realized. There were many other searches done, like pictures from my profile from now until the last like 10 years. These pictures involved me and my wife, my family and random stuff I've posted, so this person whether my wife or whomever was browsing thru many of my pictures...

Last edited:
I have tried thinking about it over and over in my head and it doesn't make any sense why she would...and she's never lied to me, Our relationship has been really honest. And she seemed very confused when I started bringing it up, she didn't even know what white pages was. I might have saved my login info at my friends or parents place but these would've been the 3 closest friends I have they would never ever do anything like this, these guys are like my brothers we've been close since junior high.
I know and I get what the obvious answer would be to people, I would probably think the same if someone asked me this.
Man this is going to really bug me.

I know it's an obvious answer but I'm trying to back track that day and time and I really believe we were all sleeping, I'm a very light sleeper, we both go to bed together or it's usually her first while I chill on the pc. When she wakes up to use the restroom in the middle of the night I wake up so idk...

Thanks, I checked it showed me different devices but only the last time it was accessed, not specific day, like I can't go back in history.
Am I bi polar? waking up in my sleep and doing something I don't know in the middle of the night, I've seriously thought about this, like was a drunk (i wasn't)

Here's another thing I realized. There were many other searches done, like pictures from my profile from now until the last like 10 years. These pictures involved me and my wife, my family and random stuff I've posted, so this person whether my wife or whomever was browsing thru many of my pictures...
Imo anyone and everyone is more than capable of lying to anyone else. Big lie or small lie. Ill never believe that anyone in my life has been 100% honest with me 100% of the time.

Its gotta be someone very close to you and all those people you say never and would never lie to you.

Perhaps you are just a tad gullible and too trusting?

And i, in no way, mean that as an insult.

Life lesson, maybe...

At this point you can't do anything about it, move on; learn from it; and lock down your sH!T

What's done is done... Stressing over it isn't going to you or your family any good.

Last edited:
Force the services to log-out / expire all sessions on all devices (FB has this option in the settings, as does Google I think somewhere). Then re-log in, and change passwords. If it happens again, then you know it's somebody that has access to the same device(s) as you. If not...then you know it was either somebody that had your account info, or accessed a device that you saved your old password on.

Back
Top Bottom