Need Anime Movie Expert

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nubius

Golden Master
Aright, there was this movie that I saw a couple years ago that was truly awesome and I can't for the life of me remember what it is :(

I was hoping perhaps there was someone who had a vast knowledge of anime (cough coughharpercough cough) and could possibly tell me what movie I'm thinking of mind you it'll be a somewhat vague description.

Aright, there is this girl, perhaps a princess (not princess mononoke or however its spelled) and she has this curse that her body is poison, so if a man were to kiss her or anything else then he would be poisoned and killed, and it's one of those 'one day a man will come along and be able to cure you' kind of deals.

She's only one of the main characters. The other of course being a samurai (who later in the movie you find out of course he's the guy that can cure her)

Anyway the thing I remember most is this big ass dude being able to turn to stone so he couldn't be hurt. He had this big ass double bladed axe like thing that he threw and we come back to him like a boomerang. At one point he threw it and cut off the tops of a ton of trees and it killed a bunch of ninjas hiding in them.

He was basically one of many assassins who tried to capture this girl. The big stone dude when he was human made the mistake of kissing her, against her will of course and slobbered all over her and so he was poisoned.

His rock body then started to fall apart when the hero fought him, and when the guy threw his axe he was stunned by the poison so when it came back, BAM! right in the head, then his head slid down it.

There was another assassin who could basically 'melt' into the shadows on walls and floors but he did 'inapropriate' things to the girl and he was also poisoned....

It was a really bloody and adult themed sub titled japanese anime and it freakin rocked but I don't remember what it was.

You'll be my hero if you can think of that that movie is off that description lol

NINJA SCROLL

B0000B1OE7.01.LZZZZZZZ.jpg

Ahahah! You freakin rock harper, I knew I could count on you lol.

Oddly enough I was thinking the word 'scroll' was in it, but I thought 'nah I'm just delusional'

Man, thanks dude thats been bugging me forever.

Final Fantasy can't compare to ninja scroll :p

I never saw unlimited, only the movie spirits within. I don't know if those too are the same or what, but the finaly fantasy movie was barely anime IMO, but like I said I never saw unlimited so I don't know if it's something completely different or what compared to the CG awesomeness of spirits within.

Ninja Scroll however is bloody, adult oriented, anime goodness :D

Nubius said:
Ahahah! You freakin rock harper, I knew I could count on you lol.

Oddly enough I was thinking the word 'scroll' was in it, but I thought 'nah I'm just delusional'

Man, thanks dude thats been bugging me forever.

The japanese name for NINJA SCROLL is different. I will see if I can dig it up.

I just bought ninja scroll and The first ghost in the shell movie on amazon :D

Cost like $10 for GITS and $15 for Ninja Scroll.....didn't get the 10th anniversary though because the reviews said they did a terrible job of trying to make it a 'special edition', such things as cutting off the top and bottom of the film to make it look widescreen,

I've seen GITS 2: Innocense oddly enough but not the first haha.

Both of course will be watched with japanese voice and english subtitles, that's the only way to watch these ;)

Nubius said:
Both of course will be watched with japanese voice and english subtitles, that's the only way to watch these ;)
True True. I am not one of these people that will argue about Dubbing and the Lost in "Dub"lation (pun on the word TRANSLATION), it just that some of the people they hire for the dubbing can not voice act. However it's might be different if they are dubbing a movie.
Like look at the dubbing for Tenchi Muyo.
The 1st OVA series wasbad.
The Mishoshi-Special was worse
The 2nd OVA series got worse.
The Tenchi Muyo In Love Movie was awsome. I could not believe that these were the same English voice actors.
And comes the TV series where the same voice actors just went back to being bad again.

Over all, I just come accustomed to watching the YELLOW WRITING on the botten of the screen.

Over all, I just come accustomed to watching the YELLOW WRITING on the botten of the screen
Ditto, my mom likes it too, my dad can't stand it, but I believe that's cause he can't keep up :p

But yeah man, you ever watch full metal alchemist?

I downloaded an episode that was japanese with subtitles, and it was COMPLETELY different from what they say lol.

On adult swim in the beginning it says "In those days, we believe that to be the worlds on and only truth"

and in the japanese version with subtitles it says something like "When we were young, this was the truth"

lol, I was amazed by how different it was. They just need to act off the subtitles haha instead of reading some other jargon

After a while you just get so used to reading the text it's almost like you're simply understanding that japanese :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom