Need advice about harassment at work

Ever have people get over on you because they don't like you and they do anything to see you fail ?

So true. Been at the receiving end of that one once. It was not pretty.

Large business
she works at Xcel energy, they're a huge electric company

Next time he does any thing, just tell him "I find that offensive and inappropriate"
If that continues, bring it up this his manager. Or speak directly to the HR manager which hired her.

There is no excuse for it.

So true. Been at the receiving end of that one once. It was not pretty.

Next time he does any thing, just tell him "I find that offensive and inappropriate"
If that continues, bring it up this his manager. Or speak directly to the HR manager which hired her.

There is no excuse for it.

The manager spoke to her today, she has a meeting with him tomorrow.
So either they're going to fire her or...idk
My wife said that if he says anything disrespectful she's going to report it.
I told her to record the conversation( Idk if this is allowed) But I think we can keep it just as a backup as a last case scenario if he says something.

I remember my mom had a boss few years back who just had it in for her.
Always favored the others, always complained about my mom.
Her manager used to slack off and didn't care if the others did.
If my mom stopped working for even a minute she'd call her on it and start watching her work.
Eventually one day my mom came to work and they said that she is being let go due to performance . THe manager didn't even let her say goodbye to her co-workers, made her leave from the backdoor and said they'll ship her belongings to her.
She had that job for about 5 years.
She got really depressed for a while and didn't work for a year.
She kept thinking it was her fault and that she did something wrong.
It was the first time her whole life she was let go.

I don't get why people have to be mean, especially if the other person didn't to anything wrong...it aint right

The manager spoke to her today, she has a meeting with him tomorrow.
So either they're going to fire her or...idk
My wife said that if he says anything disrespectful she's going to report it.
I told her to record the conversation( Idk if this is allowed) But I think we can keep it just as a backup as a last case scenario if he says something.

Don't even ask your wife to try that without this managers consent to do so.
If he or they catches her recording illegally, its not gonna go well at all.
I suggest you start looking into legal help if this turns badly.
I personally suggest you document everything that has happen since this problem arose.

Have your facts lined up and ready to go when you dispute it with this manager.
That and if you believe in jesus I suggest you pray.

https://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20090214100943AAbmHQs

http://www.justanswer.com/law/494nm-law-minnesota-recording-in-person-conversation.html

Thanks for clarifying on the legal part.
I guess we'll scratch the recording part.
She's so ready to get over with it.
I'm hoping nothing bad happens so we'll see

So I have an update, a pretty big one

So while my wife was waiting for her meeting with her manager, she gets an email from her
contracting company
It said that her current assignment will end next week and they don't have any other assignments for her.
So right I was thinking that she should complain to HR at this point saying that why is she being let go and the others are not and say that she thinks that her manager doesn't like women which is why she's being let go.
She had the same thing in mind until she met with her manager
She said they spoke for 10 mins
He apologized, she thinks probably because he doesn't want her to say anything. He he was nice and she said she doesn't want to leave on bad terms plus she found out his daughter passed away last week from cancer.

She also said that he looked like crap and he mentioned that god probably punished him for the way he treated her (my wife). My wife said that no matter how rude or bad of a person is, no body deserves such a loss.

So she doesn't feel like saying anything especially after what happened.

So I guess this is where her chapter ends ever here.
She feels like crap, I do too however she did a great job and worked really hard and her contract was supposed end anyways in Jan so it's fine.
Plus she's been waiting to go back home to see her family and hasn't seen her niece so it's fine
Thanks for all your input and concerns and advice
I really appreciate it

Back
Top Bottom