NBA Basketball fans

Status
Not open for further replies.
BTW did you know that Tim Duncan was born in the Virgin Islands? When he was on th US team he sat out when they played the VI. Duncan would make them a slightly better team.

Duncan cannot play for Virgin Islands, because he has played for the US team before. He can't play for the VI, or against them.

Quote from an ESPN.com article, about the VI game:

Kevin Sheppard scored 11 points for the Virgin Islands, whose best player can't play for them. Tim Duncan started playing internationally for the United States in 1996, and once that happened the St. Croix native became ineligible to play for his home team. But he also wouldn't play against them, sitting out the Americans' 113-55 victory while playing for them in the 2003 Olympic qualifying tournament.

Wow so once you play for one national team you cannot play for another. Ok everyone knows that. If he wanted to he could play against them but he choose not to. I was joking enough.

Have you noticed the reserves play just as well too? But in a different style. See, the reserves with Billups, Miller, Chandler, Stoudamire slow down the game big time, but their defense is on par with the starters. That's a good sign. They don't score as much as the starters do, but at least they also prevent their opponents from scoring too much themselves too.

Michael Redd is just tearing it up from the outside. I feel the only player that isn't getting any consistency is Tayshaun Prince. He looks like a rookie out there, lol. Horrible. I feel USA could've used Chris Bosh instead of Prince. Big mistake to cut him. Bosh can defend and score as well. I also prefer Kevin Durant over Prince. Actually, anybody is better than Prince at this point. At least Prince did well on the rebounding side (12 rebounds--team high).

Don't forget to watch Saturdays game against Canada. Should be a good one. Steve Nash, I wonder if he will play? That big chicken. He doesn't want to commit to Team Canada.

Oh Snap, you guys know you can watch the whole game on NBA.com? You can only watch the game that's already been played though and they tell you what the final score is, but you can still watch it complete!!!!

http://broadband.nba.com/cc/playa.p...fiba07_isvusa_008.asx&video=blank&nbasite=nba

Just finished watching the FIBA tournament. It is now over. US beat Argentina for the gold medal and it was so sweet to watch. The medal ceremony was so beautiful. I almost cried when the US national anthem was playing. This is truly the best team ever assembled other than the original Dreamteam back in 1992, Barcelona.

Next stop.....Bejing, China 2008 summer olympics!!!!! Go USA!!!!

I'm diehard basketball fan and player. Before I hurt my knees, i was going to play college ball, and I had a 40" vertical.

Pistons fan.

Honestly i think that Tayshaun prince is a great fit for this team. If he wasn't a good fit for the team than Coack K wouldn't have chosen him.

The reason why Prince is in there is because of his rebound abilities and can be somewhat of an offensive threat. I just feel that some of the NBA players would be more committed when it comes to international compeition. Garnett and Shaq were invited, but they refuse to play. Terrible.

The reason why Prince is in there is because of his rebound abilities and can be somewhat of an offensive threat. I just feel that some of the NBA players would be more committed when it comes to international compeition. Garnett and Shaq were invited, but they refuse to play. Terrible.

They're both old, and Garnett is trying to get a championship, and shaq has lost his edge. I'm more than happy that amare stoudamire and dwight howard are on the team.

Plus next year Dwayne Wade should also be playing adding a lot more of an offensive assault.

Garnett and Shaq are about the same age as most of the guys from the orignial Dreamteam back in 92. Last I've seen, Garnett still dominates the game pretty well. Shaq, well, he's another story. He isn't the same as when he was with the Magic and Lakers, but his presence down low is felt.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom