NASA Develops Extreme Heat-resistant Computer Chips

Status
Not open for further replies.
Erm... i say...it will now be limited by the motherboard. Get to 12 or 13Ghz and your mobo will feel the heat...

I believe they developed them for Global warming so as too bear the heating when temprature reach 50 and 60 degrees celsius.

I believe they developed them for Global warming so as too bear the heating when temprature reach 50 and 60 degrees celsius.

ROFL.... my beliefe would be that they are for use in space, where temperatures hit the extreme's on each side of the spectrum.

Global warming.... I believe that the carbon emmissions are damaging, but at what level they are effecting the atmosphere, who knows.... climate change is going to happen wether it is 'global warming' or not... there is always a cycle of climate change on the planet... even before our carbon emmissions.

I love how people think when it comes to Global Warming or Evolution that their opinion is actually worth something compared to experts...

You wouldn't argue with a neurosurgeon about how he'd do his procedure or tell a diagnostician that his method is wrong. I'm sorry, I just think the concept that one opinion is as good as another is arrogant. When it comes to science, some people are better suited to make judgements than others- that's why we don't all go to school studying that field.

I, as well as 99.99% of people we all meet, are vastly underqualified to make a ruling on Global Warming, yet most of them do. That said, I will trust the people who I think are qualified. Now, if they were asking us to sacrifice our children, I might spend a long time finding other experts, or become qualified myself, but the things necessary to stop Global Warming are not life threatening, nor dangerous, or even bad at all, so why are people so hesitant to believe the experts? Especially when we see massive flooding and hurricanes happening outrageously often?

With my rant out of the way, the cpu sounds awesome...and I want one. ;)

Whoever said the MB will overheat...yeah...we're going to need to design a big *** heatsink for the entire motherboard...or maybe just freeze it...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom