Names...

Status
Not open for further replies.
I name mine by who they belong to and the type.. The server I do the type followed by SE "Movies-SE" "Music-SE" etc etc...

My computers are like "Name-PC" for the desktops, "Name-NB" for netbooks, "Name-LT" for laptops and so on... To designate the OS, "Name-WV-PC" for a Windows Vista desktop.. "Name-UB-NB" for an Ubuntu netbook and so on.. keeps things organized... :tongue:

Server: Origin
Desktop: Origin-Game
Laptop: Origin-Dell
Laptop: Origin-Compaq
Laptop: Origin-HP
Wireless Network SSID: Origin

I have been using Origin for a lot of things, at one time I used it as my account name on a few things, and I came up with naming my computers Origin on a field trip after buying a cheap wireless card to use back at the hotel for various reasons.... Stupid Hilton hotel in atlanta GA should have free wifi. -.-

How about 'The NASter'? (master)

The naming theme for my computers is fairly boring:
Desktop: 'Kieran-E8400'
Laptop: 'Kieran-4810TZG'
Netbook: 'Kieran-AO751h'
Phone: 'Kieran-i9000'

My mum comes up with rather more creative names. For example our NAS box (actually it's just an old external HDD plugged into the router) is called NASSie (Nessie, i.e. the Loch Ness Monster. She's Scottish.).
And the web server is called Auchterturra (it's means 'home' or something like that), and everything else is similarly named.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom