N. Korea performed first nuclear test!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Keep the discussion on the event and the thread will survive...

I'm watching a report on this on FOX right now in the breakroom at work. it was an underground test, so at least they dug the hole right (no radiation).

I'm interested to see how the UN handles this. I know, I know, the UN is a joke, but I still want to see. I doubt that the US will jump into N. Korea... too close to China.

the only problem is i know people like me kind of drift off in their arguments and will bring it back to religion and/or bush/flaming politics, etc.

I'm not one to talk, because it's people like me...

but i agree, i'm looking forward to next week's McLoughlin Group on PBS :) :p

gaara said:
Now we're screwed, USA doesn't have the resources to get involved in another conflict while they're tied up in Iraq + Afghanistan. Add to the mix the possible threat of Iran and this is some serious ****.

Priorities need to be straightened out now, North Korea was always a much bigger threat than Iraq and now that they've demonstrated both the ability to fire long range missiles that can hit just about anywhere in the world as well as nuclear capabilities, Osama and Saddem are just a bunch of flies on the windshield

this is a threat to the world not only to the U.S.A... are you forgetting N Korea is surrounded by South Korea,China, and Japan??

homerj14 said:
this is a threat to the world not only to the U.S.A... are you forgetting N Korea is surrounded by South Korea,China, and Japan??

exactly what I thought...USA isn't the only country that can "solve" problems like these in the world.

Trotter said:
I doubt that the US will jump into N. Korea... too close to China.
If the US invades North Korea it'll be just like the first war. We'll start to win and then China will intervene and push us back to the parallel.
No point in fighting that war again...
Besides, we've got no military left to invade with it's all in the middle east.

yeah but kim particularly hates that "imperialist leader, George Bush"

China and Japan may be handling this one. Their leaders have already met over it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom