Myspace being checked by shcools

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyone dissing myspace here, can say what you want, but not everyone uses it the way most of you are pointing out.
No one says that everyone on myspace uses it the way the majority here is pointing it out.

There are some 'good wholesome kids' who actually put up a picture of their pet, a flowery background, and put up their favorite sermon of the bible.

REGARDLESS.........my space is the devil.

Its legal for them to read your public Myspace but its illegal for them to do anything about it in school. I called my band director an ******* on my Xanga and he saw it but didnt do anything about it (nor the principle for that matter) because they arent allowed to punish you for something outside of school, in school. If he wanted to talk to me and my parents outside of school yea thats perfectly fine but if i got ISS from calling him an ******* outside of school then there would be 'heck' to pay from my parents. I think its totaly wrong for school students to get punished for their lives outside of school. Thats for the parents to do and the school should be responsible and call the parents and have them deal w/ it, not them. Its for these reasons that i speak of that my school dosent do anything about it because its up to the parents to do something about it (drugs, alcohol, sex blah.) not the school. Now college and business i agree w/ because they are adults and ARE representing the university/whatever they are in and therefor since they ARE adults the specific place has a right to do something about it. IMO i think its stupid because A its just a site and most ppl photoshop that **** to seem "cool" and B ppl shouldnt judge you from an internet personality.

I think its totaly wrong for school students to get punished for their lives outside of school.
yeah, but when it's something illegal like weed, then that's no longer just a school thing. That's a federal law at that point.

ppl shouldnt judge you from an internet personality
Be yourself and it shouldn't matter nvidiafanboy ;)

Besides these people drinking and whatnot isn't an 'internet personality', it's their real life.

yeah, but when it's something illegal like weed, then that's no longer just a school thing. That's a federal law at that point.
Yea but it shouldnt be left to the school to deal w/ it nor a rescource officer either. If they feel something should be done then they should let the local PD know or notify the parents. What happens in school is their responsibility but they cant punish for something outside of school and the fact they wanna snoop and be nosy anyways. The teachers in schools wouldnt know half the things students did if it wouldnt be from snooping in Xanga, Live Journal, Myspace, ECT.
Be yourself and it shouldn't matter nvidiafanboy
I was a complete ****head and i was pretty much an extremely immature person w/ that SN. ive gotten better since then and like NOGA is finding out i dont let the full me show through on a forum. Not really necesary ya know?

The teachers in schools wouldnt know half the things students did if it wouldnt be from snooping in Xanga, Live Journal, Myspace, ECT.
It's not really snooping dude...........you type in the name, bam, your life on a webpage. Now if they take DRASTIC MEASURES to get that name for myspace, ok then.

A lot of people put their real names for the little account info, but then again a lot of people put fake names.

Also one thing that comes to mind is it heightens the amount of drama and e-drama there are.

Oh and, I am ashamed I have a myspace just because of all the cool kids that hang around on it.

Although a person's personal life is outside of school, drug use is not in that most drugs remain in the system for a while.

Any kid who plays sports can be tested for drugs if there is reasonable cause which a pic on MySpace would give.

What people need to realize is that what is posted on the net is in a way permenant, and it can be seen and read by anyone in the world with internet access.

If I were a teacher and read some of this crap on my students' MySpace profile (or FaceBook, whatever), I would watch that student like a hawk. If someone will run you down behind your back and be honey-sweet to your face, that person is lower than a snake and needs to be taken out and horse-whipped.

Besides, if the profile is accessed from a computer inside the school, it is no longer "outside" the school (that's one for the lawyers to sort out, eh?).

P.P. Mguire said:
Its legal for them to read your public Myspace but its illegal for them to do anything about it in school. I called my band director an ******* on my Xanga and he saw it but didnt do anything about it (nor the principle for that matter) because they arent allowed to punish you for something outside of school, in school. If he wanted to talk to me and my parents outside of school yea thats perfectly fine but if i got ISS from calling him an ******* outside of school then there would be 'heck' to pay from my parents. I think its totaly wrong for school students to get punished for their lives outside of school. Thats for the parents to do and the school should be responsible and call the parents and have them deal w/ it, not them. Its for these reasons that i speak of that my school dosent do anything about it because its up to the parents to do something about it (drugs, alcohol, sex blah.) not the school. Now college and business i agree w/ because they are adults and ARE representing the university/whatever they are in and therefor since they ARE adults the specific place has a right to do something about it. IMO i think its stupid because A its just a site and most ppl photoshop that **** to seem "cool" and B ppl shouldnt judge you from an internet personality.

WRONG-OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

I knew a kid who got expelled from school because he posted hate messages on a website he made against some kids.

Yes, they can punish you for things outside.

I think shcools shouldnt judge people on there myspace.....

or should they...

i think it maybe is a little annoying and obviously to anyone this happens to will think it is unfair (myself included of course) but anything you are stupid enough to make PUBLICLY AVAILAIBLE online shouldn't be kept off limits from a school. true that you may behave completely different in school but for christ sake if you are dumb enough to post a picture of yourself doing something illegal on the internet at a place that can be traced back to you (especially when accessed at school) then my aren't we smart. sure they can judge you on what you have made publicly available especially if it represents a side of you that you wouldn't present to them, why must everyone brag about stupid things openly :amazed:. i'm not saying that i've taken the high path in life just that i don't post lots of stupid stuff in blogs.

curtcheese64 said:
As far as schools or employers looking at myspace, how would they know your my space account unless you linked it to your info on AIM?
Simple. You're stupid enought to have your photo on there where you are pulling a cone along with your details written in there.

FOR EXAMPLE
HARPER'S MY SPACE
char_harper0405.gif

This is a picture of me after I had a few cones and to top it all off with an ekie.
YES. EMO KIDS are that stupid.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom