My yearly mix

Status
Not open for further replies.
My last one, after much criticizm "was too jumpy" like in 5 minutes I went thru 5 different beats, drumkits, synth's and such, and it really sounded like garbadge (didn't help that the program I used was garbadge)

Well, I acquired some new gear, and after much debate (and being about 2 months after the deadline of when me and my friend were supposed to finish, no wories tho, he didnt either) I finally opened up fruityloops and got completely lost. That was at 8:00 last night. I worked on it from 8-9, forgot to save, got irritated, went outside for a smoke, laptop died, so in escence the whole night failed (for anything computer related). Except for the hot chicks i met outside of the coffee shop (XD)

But I woke up around 9ish this morning, and promptly jumped back on my laptop and got to work learning the program. I swear it took me longer to get the song from the pattern window thingy to the playlist, but once I figured that out it was just click and go. The beat is decent, and the synths were tuned spot on, but seeing as how i typed out the song when I first woke up and was working with that one tune all day I never heard anything wrong with it, until I went and took a walk to stretch my legs and came back and heard it and was kinda suprised. The first 30s sounded kinda horrible, but as soon as I cought on to the beat of the synths it started pulling together. It does kinda drag on, I will admit that, but seeing as how its a contest between me and my friend, anything under 5min is grounds for immediate disqualification. So I took those 5min and tried to fill it the best I could without being too jumpy and repetitive. Tell me what you think! I need opinions, I really like FL Studio, really easy to use I want to make more, but before I get myself head deep in crappy music, It would be nice to get some tips / feedback (like one instrument is louder than another, or the timing is bad, or maybe, just maybe (i would love this) a better idea for a rythm. I came up with this one on my own so its not going to be tiesto or basshunter quality here.

YouTube - DJ Thrash - Eternal Reminisce (FruityLoops Studio 7 XXL)

Pretty good :) I read the posts on YouTube and when you mentioned adding some thrash - well I was kind of "hearing" some heavy parts on guitar that you could put over that trance beat. I am a guitar player, and was even hearing some lead guitar stuff over that. So you could keep those tracks and make another dub with heavy guitars coming in here and there to accent what you have.

Not suggesting that you try it, I just am telling you what I "heard" in my little pea brain.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom