My Soyo and I, tales of a failed relationship

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yea i bought a Soyo Dragon Ultra PE for my 2600+ cause i thought it was better and i could never get it to work. Same as for a P4 Soyo board i had (Dragon Lite). Sorry but Soyo isnt as good as it used to be if it was good at all.

Yea, talked to a few guys. Supposedly Soyo used to be dang good. But they only put out one board for AMD64, and very few boards after that (if any), not a good sign. I wanted very badly to like mine, and blamed lots of problems on other stuff. Alas, I have since apoligized to my long gone XT, and other system components. Sigh.. My computer component Ebaying days are hopefully numbered. Take it from me, no warranties sucks. (Keep your reciepts and email confirmations and order #'s and stuff too).

The Neo4 and 6800Gt are running great as well. Windows and Photoshop have never loaded this fast with a gig of ram, and a Raptor! Whew, fast! Very nice. I dunno if its $200 nice but, we'll see. almost 20K in 3dmark 01.

Oh yea, it was not a laptop. And I do believe for IDE and one stick of ram, the board works fine. But i'm just fed up, and that thing is gettin pitched.

yeah wouldn't mind a raptor...it's around $100 for the 36gb, however I can get 200gb for that same price if I went with normal 7200RPM which is fine by me

It.. for the most part is not very ... not economicall.. cripes what is the word.. Justifiable. There we go. BUT, it shuld last me awhile, I dont need too much storage on that drive, And there is significant difference noticed in Photoshop which I do a lot of. And its cool factor is pretty high for me. They have 200gig 7200 Raptors? Hmm.. in all honesty what would be the point? Especially at a buck a gig, used to be a good price but now its at least 2 bucks per, I'd say a little more. Is it a really good drive? .. der it must be..:rolleyes: :drool:

Nubius said:
Well I'm up several hours every day my entire life :p

I'd say 16 hours awake would constitute 'being up several hours a day' ....I also sleep several hours a day

Try 20 hours being awake on a normal day while in school, right now im staying up 24-36 hours and getting about 2-3 hours of sleep in between each session of 24-36 hours.

They have 200gig 7200 Raptors? Hmm.. in all honesty what would be the point?
if it's 7200RPM it wouldn't be a raptor ;)

200gb IDE or SATA drive is roughly $93(IDE) and $99(SATA) last time I checked at newegg...that comes out to less than .50 cents a gig dude..sooo I don't know what you're talking about here:

Especially at a buck a gig, used to be a good price but now its at least 2 bucks per, I'd say a little more.

buuut I'm assuming you mean the 36gb and 74gb raptors...and yeah, those are probably closer to $2.25 or $2.50 a gig

Try 20 hours being awake on a normal day while in school, right now im staying up 24-36 hours and getting about 2-3 hours of sleep in between each session of 24-36 hours.
yeah I did that crap when I was your age too....don't know why, even though I'm only 21 I can't do that crap anymore...I need a good 9 1/2 hours of sleep

Stop smoking methamphetamines and get to sleep

drug head :p
I'm not a drug head...even if I did smoke pot still I'd give you the same answer, but I don't do anything now but drink on rare occasions.

around here talking like you are about 2-3 hours of sleep across 36 hour segments, anyone would think you're a tweaker.

Most people thought i was when i first started to do that stuff because my eyes where blood shot BADLY, but then a month or two later they started to get used to little sleep...... And i know your not a drug head :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom