My Rant of the year: Dial up, and Central KY...

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've been spoiled by the connection my university has... avearges around 35mb/s and gets up to 50mb/s. Gonna miss downloading games from steam at like 6-8mb/s lolol :(

oh well..go home for the summer to 1.5mb/s dsl lol

They should really get with the program over the internet speeds in the US. Unless you live in a big-ish city you're not going to get very fast speeds.

Charter recently upgraded their network around here so I got to go from 5MB to 8MB for free. Apparently the part I am on is pretty sparsely used as I normally get over the rated speed. Considering that I have 1.5MB DSL for a couple of years (and dialup before that) followed by a year of 3MB DSL, I am pretty happy with 8MB.

yea...west virginia is the same way. so many places with only dial up and if you have any hope of higher seepds you have to use satellite. I don't get it though..I don't fully understand DSL but doesn't it use the phone line? so shouldn't you be able to have DSL anywhere phone lines are? I know it can only go for a certain distance before the signal drops...but still, I'm sure it's possible or something :\

It's a combination of line quality, distance and equipment required.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom