My PC World experience

Status
Not open for further replies.

Oreo

-Deactivated-
I just got back from PC world after going with my family to get a new Dell laptop for my sister, the one off that annoying advert in pink. The staff are unbelievable, for some reason the laptop was logged off so we got one of the staff to enter the password so my sister could have a go with it, but it was very slow to log on. So the 'tech guy' told us this "I am sorry about this there must be a problem with the Power Supply that we have which is causing it to slow down".. a few minutes later it finally logged in, then he asked us if we have MS Office, we said "Yeh, 2003" he then went on to moan at us how 2003 would not work with Vista because Microsoft blocked it and we would need Office 2007.Obviously we are all stood there like 'what the heck' so my dad buts in and starts telling him he has no idea what he's on about and to leave us alone, then the tech guy starts trying to claim he is a professional IT Consultant and that he strongly advised us to listen to him.

Anyway a few minutes later he arrives back with a boxed laptop and we head to the tech guys till, he then tries to print the receipt and there is no paper in the printer. He couldn't even replace the paper, he had no idea. These are supposed to be tech guys. So after we watched him for 10minutes trying to put new paper in a frigging printer he has the cheek to tell us we will need to buy 24hour support with the Tech Guys because there 'professionalism' would help us resolve the issues we might have.

I have never met such incompetent and rude staff in my life :eek:

They are a bunch of bumbling idiots in my experience, I have had to write a few examination reports for various solicitors in the past because they have either not fixed a problem that they should or made it worse I have seen one system that was for all intensive purposes DOA it powered on then got to the OS splash screen then died dude took it back to PC world and they looked at it and said user caused fault not covered under warranty I had to write a report for his solicitor to take to the small claimes court.

And as for that guy you had I personally would have said your a f'ing idiot and it would have took all I had not to chin him to be frank, I avoid setting foot in there unless I need something right now (it's odd but there are times where it's 7:45pm and you need a new cable router / print server / switch / printer ink etc) but I am shocked at how incompetent there "Experts" are.

I just got back from PC world after going with my family to get a new Dell laptop for my sister, the one off that annoying advert in pink. The staff are unbelievable, for some reason the laptop was logged off so we got one of the staff to enter the password so my sister could have a go with it, but it was very slow to log on. So the 'tech guy' told us this "I am sorry about this there must be a problem with the Power Supply that we have which is causing it to slow down".. a few minutes later it finally logged in, then he asked us if we have MS Office, we said "Yeh, 2003" he then went on to moan at us how 2003 would not work with Vista because Microsoft blocked it and we would need Office 2007.Obviously we are all stood there like 'what the heck' so my dad buts in and starts telling him he has no idea what he's on about and to leave us alone, then the tech guy starts trying to claim he is a professional IT Consultant and that he strongly advised us to listen to him.

Anyway a few minutes later he arrives back with a boxed laptop and we head to the tech guys till, he then tries to print the receipt and there is no paper in the printer. He couldn't even replace the paper, he had no idea. These are supposed to be tech guys. So after we watched him for 10minutes trying to put new paper in a frigging printer he has the cheek to tell us we will need to buy 24hour support with the Tech Guys because there 'professionalism' would help us resolve the issues we might have.

I have never met such incompetent and rude staff in my life :eek:

Sounds about like Best Buy in my town... Guy was trying to tell me that the Radeon HD4350 was more powerful than the Nvidia GTS250, his explanation was, 'Because the numbers are higher...'

Sounds about like Best Buy in my town... Guy was trying to tell me that the Radeon HD4350 was more powerful than the Nvidia GTS250, his explanation was, 'Because the numbers are higher...'

Well atleast you can buy good Hardware at your stores. PC World in the UK still sell the 8600GTS for £129 where i live :eek: Thats the best GPU i've seen my store do.

I don't buy anything computer wise from Best Buy unless I have to. Most things there are extremely overpriced. But luckily I live near a Micro Center. The one person I dealt with there had a decent tech knowledge.

I don't buy anything computer wise from Best Buy unless I have to. Most things there are extremely overpriced. But luckily I live near a Micro Center. The one person I dealt with there had a decent tech knowledge.

I bought my 9800GT for only $10 more than Newegg's price, and that would have been added in shipping. Got it same day too, so that was a plus over Newegg.

I buy everything PC related online 99% of the time. And luckily I have a Great Tech Support Plan, you can access it by hitting the back button :D

Best Buy can have some amazing deals, but stupid people.

Theres also the rare time when you go there and a geek squad guy actually knows his stuff.

I was in South Carolina last week. I passed a store. "HUGE LAPTOP SALE! LAPTOPS AS LOW AS 150!!"

I walk in to be mesmerized by 1996 computer hardware at insane prices. The 150 dollar laptops were old Dell Latitudes with 10gb hard drives and 128mb of RAM. Oh, and let me correct that by saying LAPTOP - Not LAPTOPS. They only had one on sale for 150.

They also had a truckload of CRT monitors sitting everywhere with "PRICE REDUCED! AMAZING QUALITY!" written all over it.

Gag me.

We have fry's electronics out here. Each department has guys who know what they are selling. Although I use the egg most of the time, I still prefer to buy monitors and cases from my local fry's.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom