Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

TheMajor

PowerQuest / Opera
GRRRR....I really hate this...

This has probably been posted before but i need to express my feelings about this!

I am a huge fan of Powerquest and their products. :)

Symantec has purchased Powerquest in 2002 I think.

I few more years ago Symantec bought Ghost from a small company.

They also bought Partition-It from another company some time ago. This program stopped beeing developed..It just dippaseared...What if Norton stops with Partition MAgic and Drive Image????? WE WILL BE LOST!!!!!!
(at least I will) WE WIL BE FORCED TO REBOOT FOREVER!
I can keep using older versions ofcourse....just look at Ghost..it looks like it was developed somewhere in the 70's, (on their own) it will take them at least a century to beat Powerquests products...but they are not on their own anymore...they own Powerquest's technology.

I read alot of comparisons about Norton Ghost and PQ Drive Image...lots of people use Ghost and most like it...But i've heard of lots of people switching and liking PQ-DI better!

I just read a magaizine today, they were comparing all spyware killers including the one from Norton...dunno how its called....The best test results came from Webroot Spysweeper (my favorite) and the Norton program only had 1 out of 5 stars. The worst of all tested programs.

Furthermore, i don't like Norton Antivirus...it is damn slow..I did a test with my aunt and avast had finished scanning about 60.000 files when Norton only had 20.000 files finished...and her computer is 250MHz faster than mine!!
Also there are a lot more issues wih Norton like the 16bit sub-sytsem error and the other error wich requires some REG-editing after installing SP2 with Norton2003.

I wonder where they bought it from. (did they?)

They are smart..i have to admit...just load a crapload of their products on Dell, HP, Compaq computers and us the money to buy other stuff.

Just like Microsoft, butI don't blame Microsoft because they made software we can use!

Can't they make anything themselves?

Does anybody else know a program/company Symantec bought?

THIS IS JUST MY OPINION!

Yeh I agree with you there in some cases, Symantec is a huge resource hog when in use. The Norton Virus scanning is also incredibly slow. I mean to the average user, they would probably just think it was doing a good job, however as the Major stated it only got 1 out of 5 stars on the spyware killers!

My Symantec live update has also been refusing to update in the past few weeks or so, and so this combined with the other problems I have been having it is unlikely I will be using their products in the near future.

Thats all I have to say,

Retro.

symantec products always seem to be too slow and never work as well as they should
I have never used any of norton's products since i found good freeware programs which do the job faster and better

"Sippine on some Wizzerds..."

Retro said:
Yeh I agree with you there in some cases, Symantec is a huge resource hog when in use. The Norton Virus scanning is also incredibly slow. I mean to the average user, they would probably just think it was doing a good job, however as the Major stated it only got 1 out of 5 stars on the spyware killers!

My Symantec live update has also been refusing to update in the past few weeks or so, and so this combined with the other problems I have been having it is unlikely I will be using their products in the near future.

Thats all I have to say,

Retro.
No doubt!:angry:

I use the older version of Norton Utillities because folders (For some reason) took around 8 minutes to open in the 2004 version! Even in newer computers!:rolleyes: One time i was really gonna let my computer have it!! (AKA: I was gonna beat the SH** out of it!:wooha: ) untill i thought to myself: Hey! I should be beating the hell out of Seaminetech instead of my comp! :( So i did it, and threw it in the trash! (Based on a true story...:mad: )

That wasn't my only reason though. The other one was that everytime i try to run Norton Disk Doctor, it "restarts due to disk write" 90,000000 TIMES AND NEVER STOPS!!!! So i figured out the problem. The problem was that norton U automatically installs a program called "UnErase Wizzard"!!!!! And it constantly writes to the disk for some reason, causing problems for EVERY OUTHER NORTON UTILLETIES PROGRAM IN THE COMPUTER DAMMMIIIIITTT!!!!!!!:mad: :mad: :angry:

-(Based on a true story!):cool:

Absolutley horrible IMO mainly because of 2004 System thingy edition. It was so bad that it made me registerd 15 times a day and then i had to buy the full version AGAIN!! Nope said i, and i threw it out the window and got AVG.

norton is a resource hog no doubt about it! It doesn't even delete anything, it comes up with 1000 virus's found, 2 deleted, i use avast 35 trojans/viru's found all deleted and after i use avast put on norton nothing? How the hell does norton get 1000 out of 35?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom