My official car modification thread! Before/After pics! Woot! (56k!!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I test drove an AMG E-55 Kompressor the other day...

Don't ever do that - ever. You will kick yourself and rattle your brain on how to come up with $90,000 in a short time for something other than a home to live in :D

Car looks nice. Go old school and find a set of vintage Magnum 500 rims for it. Me personally I would not spend much more on the appearance. I'm more about power than appearance. I have an 87 Ranger that I gave $600 for. I am fixing to drop in a 5.0 this summer. I'll have less than $2000 invested in the truck, rims/tires, paint and engine. And I'll blow your Mustang away.

I just don't understand the whole "power is better" mentality. How often do you actually get to legally use that power? Seems like that route leads to a lot of wasted money for something that isn't utilized on a daily basis, and just hurts your gas mileage. Exterior styling is more my thing because it is cheaper and has everyday use and appeal.

My next upgrades are:
Hood scoop (not really important, but if I find one, I'll get it)
18" black Bullit rims
side "Mustang" rocker stripes

After that I am done and will wait for my next car :D

I think the look has improved significantly. Definitely need new rims. I'm more of a power/functionality guy, but some different appearance mods spark my interest.

I think the look has improved significantly. Definitely need new rims. I'm more of a power/functionality guy, but some different appearance mods spark my interest.

Functionality mods make sense... but I still don't see a point to power mods. Any of you power lovers actually use that power on a regular basis?

Well I'm a truck/suv guy. Have never owned a car, but I always liked power. I use power on a regular basis, though the legality of it can be questioned. I'm going to be buying a truck soon, and I need more power than what my Jeep has, or what my dad's truck has so that I can tow my boat without being a gutless wonder on the road.

Functionality mods make sense... but I still don't see a point to power mods. Any of you power lovers actually use that power on a regular basis?

Yes. Every day when I get on the freeway I take my Mustang to 6 grand and about 85mph. Kind of a stress relief thing on the way home. :p

Yes. Every day when I get on the freeway I take my Mustang to 6 grand and about 85mph. Kind of a stress relief thing on the way home. :p

Is that the speed limit or do you have a radar detector? I am too afraid to speed for a consistent amount of time without having some sort of forewarning.

Also, power on a truck definitely makes sense. However, 85mph I wouldn't really call a use of power. My unaltered Mustang V6 can hit 125-128mph and 85mph would be a cinch.

To me, having a car that can do 4 second 0 to 60 or less and can hit 150+ but never having any legal means to use that power (such as professional drag/pro street racing) would not be worth it. Yeah it would be awesome to brag about, but it's kinda like having the ultimate in HD cable. You get 50,000 channels but only ever watch 5 or 6.... :p

Is that the speed limit or do you have a radar detector? I am too afraid to speed for a consistent amount of time without having some sort of forewarning.

Also, power on a truck definitely makes sense. However, 85mph I wouldn't really call a use of power. My unaltered Mustang V6 can hit 125-128mph and 85mph would be a cinch.

To me, having a car that can do 4 second 0 to 60 or less and can hit 150+ but never having any legal means to use that power (such as professional drag/pro street racing) would not be worth it. Yeah it would be awesome to brag about, but it's kinda like having the ultimate in HD cable. You get 50,000 channels but only ever watch 5 or 6.... :p

I think you kind of missed what I was saying. I was talking about accelerating. I slow back down to 75mph once I merge into traffic. It's all about acceleration. You can use 100% of it in any car no matter the power.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom