My official car modification thread! Before/After pics! Woot! (56k!!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Whoa, I missed the neon last night too. If it were my car, I just couldn't handle having anything like that.

Anyone who says he should go with an aftermarket exhaust setup. All I can say is; have you heard an early 90's vintage S10 blazer with the 4.3L that has a severe exhaust leak?
That is about what the V6 motor in late model mustangs sound like with an aftermarket setup.

Well he may have an issue if he wanted to, because I am sure that Indiana does emissions testing, and putting performance mods of that nature usualy fails your car. **** I know some states if you put anything to ehance the performace of it, they fail you....

Good job.

I also prefer performance modifications over looks/style, but I'm a motorsport engineer and it's really just about whatever makes you happy.

If it were me I'd spend a bunch on the suspension/brakes and then throw together a twin turbo setup :D

Suspension/brake ftw. Twin Turbo set up, now THATs something that requires a fat wallet! I can't believe the numbers the V6's pump out on the '05 Mustang and up.

If I were the OP, I'd throw some cash down on some bigger drilled/slotted rotors and calipers. Then gas adjust shocks/heavy duty springs, if not adjustable coil overs all around, and sway bars. Just bolt on parts, it would handle like a dream.

For the engine, again just bolt on. Cold air intake, mass air flow censor, an aftermarket ecu if they make any for that motor (I don't really keep up on Ford), a dual exhuast system, flowmaster 40 series. Then if you had the money, more cam. The motor would breath a ton better. I'll stop there. I ramble way too easily, but this is coming from a guy who day dreams about automotive racing all day long. American Le Mans series ftw.

I know in california you can get ticketed for having an aftermarket air cleaner if it doesn't have the hippi approval stamp.

California is getting way, way, way out of hand with automotive regulations. I can't believe a law might get passed there that makes it so you can't purchase a new car that's painted black or a dark color because of how much harder the AC has to work on hot days compared to lighter colored cars. And up here in Oregon they're talking about making it illegal to add anything to your car that would hurt gas mileage, like a bike rack, etc.

California is getting way, way, way out of hand with automotive regulations. I can't believe a law might get passed there that makes it so you can't purchase a new car that's painted black or a dark color because of how much harder the AC has to work on hot days compared to lighter colored cars. And up here in Oregon they're talking about making it illegal to add anything to your car that would hurt gas mileage, like a bike rack, etc.

It's only out of hand because the other states haven't caught up yet. All of the US needs more restrictions, and we need more and different types of fuel efficient cars.

It's only out of hand because the other states haven't caught up yet. All of the US needs more restrictions, and we need more and different types of fuel efficient cars.

We don't need more restrictions. Look at the UK, they have been building diesel cars that get 70mpg's highway since 2004. They don't really have anymore restrictions then the US, other then more speed cameras. :p

Anyone who says he should go with an aftermarket exhaust setup. All I can say is; have you heard an early 90's vintage S10 blazer with the 4.3L that has a severe exhaust leak?
That is about what the V6 motor in late model mustangs sound like with an aftermarket setup.

my dad had a 1999 camaro V6 with a SLP loudmouth exhaust. i liked the sound of it, sounded good for a v6. they cant sound too different.

We don't need more restrictions. Look at the UK, they have been building diesel cars that get 70mpg's highway since 2004. They don't really have anymore restrictions then the US, other then more speed cameras. :p

But look at our power grid or electricity its one of the most green in the world.... we still have a negative carbon footprint the USA bought a large porpotion of there "carbon credits" from us as you didn't stick to the kyoto agreement and burnt more carbon. We burnt less then our targets and got a nice pay check off of your government.

My biggest beef with that car are the fake air intakes on the hood and the sides. Stupid pretend plastic mesh with no holes in it is just stupid.

24g5d92.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom