My New Years Sucked!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

hickfarm

In Runtime
People on ToV would vouch for me that i dropped off the internet at 11:30 PM central time while tring to play BF2 Saturday night.

We just got power back today, January 2, for the first time since Saturday. The first night was fine since our house was still warm, but the second night was ******* cold. It got down to 18 degrees. We should have got a generator, but we have never had the power out longer than 24 hours. The second night was just about as bad for being cold at night.
We mostly only had ham sandwiches the first day and went into our relatives house in town to have a warm meal and watch the Huskers play a horrible game against Auburn.
Since we have livestock and have our own water well we had to take our pickup with a 200 gallon water tank to get water from a neighbor because of course are well didn't work because we didn't have power. So we filled up our tank at our neighbors everyday and brought water to our livestock.

Anyways our family was in our cold living room on New Year's eve with lantern's and candles lite.

I've heard on the radio that from Kearney, NE to Norfork, NE 2000 electric polls were broke off from all the ice that were on the wires. It was at least an inch and a half of rain froze on the wires and trees. The electric company predicted that some homes will take 2 to 3 weeks before they get electricity back. Around here there were electrical posts broke off for almost half a mile.

I will try and post some pics tomorrow.

Sounds exciting. I had a similar christmas at my moms house. It had a strange exciting appeal to it, but it kinda sucked overall.

It was not at all exciting. It was different, but not exciting. We did have a little kerosene heater, but we didn't have any kerosene and most of the stores were closed on the Holidays. And i heard that almost every generator was already sold on Saturday. Also the town of Peirce was totally out of electricity was a couple of days. the town is only around 3000 people, but that is still a lot of people without electricity.
Also there were so many people were out of power, because the big power lines going to the electric substations were broken and had to be fixed before they fixed the little electric poles and lines.

Re: What the ****

hickfarm said:
That had nothing to do with the topic at hand. What the heck has does that have to do with the subject. :mad:

Oh?

Title, "My new years sucked"

And if your reasonibly intelligent you can conclude that mine also sucked by what I said. Thus I was simply adding a "Yep" it sucked for me too.

And if your not, youll be ranting like you just did.
:rolleyes:

The title is still part of a post. :)

End.

Re: Re: What the ****

Ste said:
Oh?

Title, "My new years sucked"

And if your reasonibly intelligent you can conclude that mine also sucked by what I said. Thus I was simply adding a "Yep" it sucked for me too.

And if your not, youll be ranting like you just did.
:rolleyes:

The title is still part of a post. :)

End.

Man i was just making fun you didn't have to take it so serious.:)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom