My new toy

Status
Not open for further replies.
Looks nice, but I'm sticking with my MX518 till it dies, two years strong now, and only defect is the logo being rubbed off. No need to upgrade what isn't obsolete :p

Beefcake said:
No need to upgrade what isn't obsolete
Are here I thought you were a performance enthusiast. But with an attitude like that...

If you can't run with the big dogs, I guess you stay on the porch with the pups, huh? ;)

I use a Logitech wireless keyboard an mouse combo an love it, the LX710 to be exact.

The mouse is just the right weight, just that little bit chunky (I have big hands so it is perfect for me) highly sesative although I am sure of the DPI. The keyboard is backed full of features that at first i thought where useless but I have used them so much I doubt i could live with out them now.

The only problem I have with it is cleaning it I smoke so it gets a little grubby with ash but a moisty wipe cleans it up fine.

Are here I thought you were a performance enthusiast. But with an attitude like that...

If you can't run with the big dogs, I guess you stay on the porch with the pups, huh? ;)

We don't all have the money to shell out just for a small performance boost.. it really can't be that much better can it now... honestly. You just gota know how to use your own mouse, if you know it flies off quick you learn to compromise... i bet if i got your Lachesis right now against my generic 'Crosshair' 1600DPI laser mouse my score would be significantly higher with my generic crap.

We don't all have the money to shell out just for a small performance boost.. it really can't be that much better can it now... honestly. You just gota know how to use your own mouse, if you know it flies off quick you learn to compromise... i bet if i got your Lachesis right now against my generic 'Crosshair' 1600DPI laser mouse my score would be significantly higher with my generic crap.
You probably haven't done much comparing with different mice.

The mice I have include:
A4 Tech Optical
Logitech Optical (800 DPI)
Logitech MX510
Logitech G3
Logitech G5
Logitech G5 2007

The G5's and G3 have 2000 DPI sensors, but there is a difference even between them.

Skill makes the real difference. If you have no skill, no mouse will make a difference. I have gamed with crap ball mice and crap opticals. I then gamed with a decent MS optical mouse. Big difference.

I graduated on up to my Diamondback. Complete night and day between the two. Yes, my scores went up, but that was due to increasing skills and a better response from my mouse.

With my Lachesis, the difference wasn't as huge as when I went to my Diamondback, but there is a difference. Sort of like going from my 7800GTX to my X1950XT... games still ran great and looked great, but there was a bump in frames and shading. The Lachesis has a different feel and more sensitivity, more like an extension of my hand.

As Apok just testified, there is a difference.

ques, I have a G7, and I am thinking of buying that cool razor (because it is cool.. duh) and I want to know if your scroll wheel goes side to side. I have that set as back on my browser, and if I didnt, I would die. So before I decide to look into it... does it?

Nope. You can set another button for it if you want, though. Many use the left rear button for that (I use that one for double-click).

Nope. You can set another button for it if you want, though. Many use the left rear button for that (I use that one for double-click).

yeah, I have other buttons I could use for that as well.. but I love the side to side thing on my scroll wheel. I dont know if I can give it up... maybe when I get a new graphics card in feb, I will be so excited I will forget about my cool scroll wheel.

I guess it's more of a relationship thing, all the heads I've removed with it, creates a strong bond you know? :)

I guess my 7600GT wasn't exactly obsolete when I bought my 8800, then I bought a new keyboard, and a new headset, and new RAM, and a new heatsink, and a new monitor... No wonder I'm broke. This computer is sucking my wallet dry! But I can't live without it, next thing I need is a sound card...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom