My new mac!

Status
Not open for further replies.
FireFox said:
Aye. I also use the classic theme as I also hate that "bubbly crap"...as you like to call it.

I've also seen people refer to it as a "Fisher-Price toy" or "Bozo the Clown."

Eye candy in an operating system GUI = junk food in my opinion, but the average users seem to like it, so I guess whatever sells goes.

Ditto. Changing things back to classic mode is one of the first things I do on my new install.

Nubius said:
I'm working with what's available to me ;)

That's the first thing I do as well.

Same. As well as the "Change the way users log on" option thing...I think that's what it's called off of the top of my head.

Ditto. Changing things back to classic mode is one of the first things I do on my new install.
Yea me too, i also change system restore and turn it off, then i change the startup crap and i also turn off ALOT of Microsofts services. THats how i have 13 processes. Boot time is a piece of cake. I think that calls for a new thread.

Aren't there a few comprehensive lists out there that'll tell you all the services you can turn off?

I only know of a couple and I'm sure my machine has a lot that can be turned off.
I've somehow got 55 processes running right now, but I've been installing a bunch of crap in the last few days to get that mac emulator going so it's probably a lot of that junk.

Did you just untick everything from msconfig?

Classic is second for me. The first thing I do is install SP2. :)

sweet, So I could do that if I just install vmware and get ahold of a copy of the x86 version of Mac OSX? what config file and how do I change it tho. Is this illegal?

I have 32 processes, i only have the theme service stopped right now. and a few programs running(avast, zonealarm, trillian, opera, VNC, I8kFangui, and wireless net config)

Not sure what all services I can disable tho as I'm joined to a domain. I'm also using the classic theme(cuz themes service is disabled)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom