My mutt Mountian Bike, lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just finished it, it just needs to have the rear dropout beefed up, and a paint job, and it is finished. It is a 2003 X-Games Airstrike, with some 2006 Sr.Suntour forks (a whopping 120mm of travel, beats the **** out of my old 40mm forks), some crank arms/chainwheel from a mongoose xr-200, same with spring, and front rim. I had to change the way the rear shock mounts, and pull the cups from my 1" threaded forks off, and put some 1 1/8" forks on it. the cups are just sitting there, need to get some tubing and put it on my steerer tube. my luck, the outside diameter of the steerer tube is the same as the outside diameter of the cups from the 1 1/8" threadless cupset. some people on a forum I went too totally lied and said that the forktube from a 1 1/8" will not fit inside of a 1" tube, well it does, you just have to drop out the 1" bearing cups.

and the bike rides smooth as a dream, took a 8ft gap w/3ft step up with it, and landed it perfect. total jump ownage. also rocking a single speed with a 36t up front and a 18t in the back. the bike was originally a 24" 21speed, now its a 26" single speed. what do you guys think?

here are some pics:

this is the link I had to make to get the back end to have more travel:
P1010001.jpg

And here is the crankset with the small and big chainrings cutoff.
P1010003.jpg

The way my bearing cups are resting on my steerer tube.
P1010005.jpg

A Picture of the finished (almost) product:
P1010007.jpg

Then a pic of the back brakes, link system, shock, and my cranks.
P1010009.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom