my list of movies...

Status
Not open for further replies.

atomic tofu

Fully Optimized
this was inspired by preacher's post for music and anime...this is just movies in general, no music ;)

While I was typing this in that post, I realized it got off topic so decided just to post here for the heck of it.

The following are just animes and live action movies I have and/or really like. These are all things I've actually bought and not downloaded somewhere. I have 400+ dvds, so I lose track easily.

---

Anime-
wicked city
demon city
Akira
Appleseed (cg)
Vampire Hunter D
Dagger of Kamui
Princess Mononoke
Nausicaa of the Valley of the Wind
Grave of the Fireflies
Castle in the Sky
Kiki's Deliver Service
Spirited Away
Cowboy Beebop
Ninja Scroll
Steamboy
Ghost in the Shell
Millenium Actress
Tokyo Godfathers
Jin-Roh
Katsuhiro Otomo Presents: Memories
Metropolis
golgo 13
Venus Wars

This might be a series but very worth it I think:
Kino's Journey - The Complete Collection

Non anime but cool and fun movies ;)

Japan-
The Returner
Kamikaze Girls
Princess Blade
Death Trance
Versus
Samurai Fiction
Azumi
Izo
Alive
Blue Spring
Gojoe
Red Shadow
Battle Royale

HK -
The Warrior
Kill Zone
the Legend of Zu
the Storm Riders

Korea -
Natural City
Conduct Zero
the City of Violence

And Tony Jaa movies - The Protector and Ong Bak.

:p

(I'll add more if I think there should be something included)

400+ dvds? Man yer as bad as i am. I just picked up all 10 seasons of south park, season 2 of my name is earl, volumes 1,2,3 of family guy and a bunch of other older movies over the thanksgiving holidays.

If you havent already, you need to get kung fu hustle :p

oh well, of course, I have a ton of Stephen Chow movies...KF hustle indeed ;)

maybe do "per actor" section here...just for Donnie Yen. That guy's got some skills.

jesus h christ. 6000 legit dvd's or do most of them belong to mr torrence. I cant even think of 6000 dvds i'd want to watch.

nah, stay in ;)
I go to work, come home, don't party and don't like to.
So it's, books and mags, dvds, discovery channel, and family. :D
plus, I'm buff so it's not like I don't know how to be healthy.

Some of us indulge in things to enjoy life...some of us do this lame stuff with entertainment like what I do ;)...and others of you get intoxicated, inebriated, or "influenced" lol...and some seek company in the arms of temporary love :p

You guys have LOADS of films, i swear its not that common to have that many DVD's in uk because noone i know has more than 30 dvd's they genuinely like.

I like normal films that are at the cinema..

HD-DVD of course:)

Bourne Series
Pirates of the caribean
harry potter ( it is interesting... i have to admit)
and more

I collect em, one of my hobbies. A guy has to have hobbies :)

Im not real picky, mostly action adventure, sci-fi, some dramas, lots of documentaries. A whole bunch of TV series-->x-files, the wire, star trek(all of them), the shield, quincy, etc etc etc.

I also have a 4 tuner pvr system I put together that grabs stuff off of cable, that adds up too. Thats new though, just fired that up a few months ago.

At any given time I have probably 4 or 500 hours of video laying around I haven't even watched.

Maybe 10-20 shows a year make to my "watch again list".

What really sucks is I used to have huge VHS collection which Ive had to replace with dvd, that took me 3 years of really working at it, kinda how I got started in this. Now I have almost as much video as the local library :D

this new hdtv/blu-ray stuff is becoming a problem though, huge files to work with, 4-9Gb is bad enough, 30-60Gb, fohgettaboutit

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom