My hopes and dreams have been destroyed...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Agreed. Sure, its a $600 or $700 drop, but if you find out its not yours, it was worth it, right? If you 100% cant tell your parents, find a good friend, and borrow the money for the paternity test (if she wont do it). If it is yours, you have some explaining to do. If its not, HUGE load off your chest.

Sorry to hear about your situation. I myself have been in that spot only once, but the circumstances were a bit different, and it was bout 4 years ago..... it was a very LTR relationship (won't go into detail), and I caught her cheating... A month after I kicked her out, I got a nasty message on my answering machine saying she was pregnant, and it was 'probably' mine...... went to talk with her about it, and she said no, it is 100% for sure mine..... I kept calling BS, saying the message specifically said PROBABLY.... asked her if there was a one in a trillion shot that it wouldn't be mine, and there was, but it was only once, and they used a condom, so it had to have been mine. Turned out when she gave me all the dates for the due date and everything, the timeline just wasn't agreeing that it was mine. It turned out that it wasn't mine.

Here is what I suggest:

FIRST: Go to the doctor with her, and YOU ask the Doctor questions about how far along she is, what the due date is, etc. etc. etc. They will be talking in terms of weeks typically, not months or days, and keep in mind that the human gestation period is 9 months. If she says that she will go before you get back, tell her that is fine, but she should plan on making an ADDITIONAL trip when you return. Do not take 'he said she said', or paperwork (unless you are able to call the office to confirm things, but you likely won't, Doctor patient confidentiality clauses and what not.... it would be different if you are there in person).

SECONDLY: No IFS, ANDS, or BUTS, about it, you NEED to have a paternity test done. While YES the ones that are legally binding in court are expensive (Mine was $500 I paid in cash), you CAN get take home ones that you mail in yourself (these will NOT hold up in court though). You should tell her that you want the test done, and you would like for her to pay for half of the testing fee. I have a friend who used this to prove the paternaty of her youngest son, and it was positive (she had only been with 1 guy, so wasn't rocket science).... I don't have any of the info about it, but I will see if I can get some from her when I see her Wednesday, and I will send you a PM or something (unless you find something yourself before that).

As stated many times, The money for paternaty test is FAR less than that of what you will end up paying in child support.... not to mention that you can be arrested for skipping your child support.

As far as your parents go, they are all different. I had told mine about my issue (even though it was an ENTIRELY different situation), and they backed me. It comes down to this, you are their SON, and they should love you un-conditionally, mistakes and all. If you tell them, and they have some kind of big issue with that and try to dis-own you or something, I would have to imagine that they must be perfect people, who live without any kind of mistakes what-so-ever (I personally would probably let them know that).

Good luck man! Even if it does end up being your kid, the best thing you can do is go into it with an open mind. Don't worry about the girl if a relationship doesn't work out, but you should still make an effort to be a part of your child's life.

As far as your parents go, they are all different. I had told mine about my issue (even though it was an ENTIRELY different situation), and they backed me. It comes down to this, you are their SON, and they should love you un-conditionally, mistakes and all. If you tell them, and they have some kind of big issue with that and try to dis-own you or something, I would have to imagine that they must be perfect people, who live without any kind of mistakes what-so-ever (I personally would probably let them know that).

I would be suggesting that you talk you your parents about it too. Friend of mine got in a simulare sitations. She desided that she was going to borrow some money from a freind as she did not have the money. A few months later, that "Friend" desided to blackmail her with this sort of information.

Also, after your tell your parents about it, and they have gotten over the original shock value, you will find that it's one less thing that is on your mind.

Finally, for bad or for worse, your parents should back you up on this one.

some chicks are just phsyco like that. Trying to get pregnant without your consent. My buddy's ex. did that to him a couple times, but he dumper her *** before she succeeded.

Just go to the doctor and talk about it. Then get the DNA tests.. all you really can do. :(

Its your parents there not going to disown you or kill you. Be dissapointed yes and have lots to say yes. Just be honest best thing to do but before you tell make sure that it is yours and talk with your girlfriend and see how she really feels about all of this yall are going to have to be honest with each other no matter what at this point. Good luck to you hope things woork out for the best I know what your feeling and I have been there I am only 21 about to be 22 and have a three moth year old daughter not how I thought my life would turn out but I love her to death and I will tell you that there is nothing better than being a father even of you feel your not ready. If it is your child its a part of you and that does not just go away. Take it easy though and don't freak things will work out they did for me and they have for everyone else that I know of.

She called me like 5 AM this morning... She told me she's noticed I've been in rough shape ever since I found out, and she's thinking about not having it.

I dunno what to think of it.

EDIT: The doctor apparently said she was over a month pregnant. Therefore, it can't be mine... I wish I could take her word for it.

GOD, this is crazy... She told me she was at the doctor out of town today, and they said she was OVER one month pregnant. Therefore, it's her old boyfriends... I dunno whether to take her word for it, or what I'm supposed to do... I don't want to end up finding it IS mine 9 months from now.

BTW, DNA testing before birth is $1,100 CDN

It's pricey but it is worth it! Think about it although the doctor said she was over a month pregnant it is better to be safe than sorry. Get a legally binding test done if in 9 months time she changes her mind an trys to claim it is you child you will have the medical eveidance to back you up in a court of law.

This might be the best Christmas present you can get a future, an for what its worth Merry Christmas.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom