My hopes and dreams have been destroyed...

Status
Not open for further replies.
OK how did she tell you she was pregnant? I would get a DNA test asap before telling your folks, if it aint your you might end up getting into a world of hurt. If it is yours try talking to this girl explane your point of view to her an try an understand hers.

DNA tests, from what I understand, are pretty complicated if you want one done BEFORE birth. They're also really expensive... How am I gonna explain a 6 or 700 dollar drop in my bank account? I can't really afford it anyway.

Your parents should be much more supportive of you, instead of being so negative towards you. It is your choice weather you stay with her but if you do decide to break up then I would give her some money every month to help her bring the child up. DO NOT try to force her to have an abortion- that's not the way to go.

And yes, I would firstly get a DNA test, to

1) Prove that shes not lying about being pregnant
2) And to show that its yours.

I guess I have no choice but to wait this out...

What's with all the DNA test suggestions? I can't afford it! They aren't free!

she might not be pregnant...

a few months ago i was having a fling with an EX of mine and she was a week late, took a pregnancy test came out positive

i was freaking out

two days later she starts her period

i may of just gotten lucky but if it can happen to me it can happen to anyone right?

If you're willing to play with fire, you have to expect to get burnt at some point.

You've only been with her for 4 weeks? Honestly... There is a HUGE chance that even if she is actually pregnant, it's not yours. If it is yours, you need proof before you tell your parents. Ask her to go to the doctor with you present. Find out for sure if she is actually pregnant. If she is actually pregnant, it still might not be yours. In which case you'll have to wait until the child is born and ask for DNA tests. If she is pregnant and you did have sex with her... you need to tell your parents that there is a possible chance that it's yours. But, you will not know without tests.

If it is your child and you turn your head and disappear... you're a loser. If it is yours you must man up and care for your child. Find a way. Figure it out.

My guess is... She's not pregnant or if she is it isn't yours. She's probably telling you she is so you won't up and leave her after having sex. This has been pulled on me in my younger days.

Bottom line... YOUR LIFE IS NOT OVER.

There are much, much, much worse things that could have happened to you.

Hang in there dude.

I asked her to wait for me to come back into town next semester (I live out of town, just there for college), around Jan 5th, to get the pregnancy test. She asked "Why?". I told her I wanted to be there... She said "I dunno if I can, my mom wants me to get it done ASAP." Apparently, her mom is happy too... Am I the only one who thinks this is screwed up?

This sucks, I'm going to get my hopes up that she's lying about pregnancy. And I'm going to crash again when I find out she really is.

Sounds very suspicious to me. I would have to have some proof, especially if it happened that quick.

She told me today that she was supposed to have her period last week, but hasn't had it yet... She didn't tell me before apparently, because she "wanted to know for sure" before she told me... We've really only had unprotected sex that would actually cause pregnancy TWICE, and that was within two weeks ago. It didn't bother me then because I thought she was taking her pills, and she asked me to not use a condom.

She apparently went to the small doctor's clinic in her hometown, and found out she was pregnant. I don't know if this is true... She said when she goes back into town for next semester, she is going to go to the main hospital... As I said earlier, she "can't wait for me" to come in because her mom wants it done ASAP.

I'm really just panicking because I really want to get my engineering degree... This child thing seems like it would really mess that up. I'm also scared of losing my relationship with my parents. They always seemed to talk down on teens who get in this situation... I had a cousin who got a girl pregnant when he was 15.

I thought she was taking her pills, and she asked me to not use a condom.
Major red flag.

She apparently went to the small doctor's clinic in her hometown, and found out she was pregnant.
Another red flag. At most two to three weeks? At a walk-in clinic? Out of town?

she "can't wait for me" to come in because her mom wants it done ASAP.
Definitely sounds wrong. There is something rotten in Denmark besides the fish.

I can't tall you what to do, but I can tell you that you really, really need to talk to your parents about this. Fooling around twice and then she slaps a whammy on you? You need your folks in your corner.

Be up front with them. Straightforward but repentant. Cop a 'tude and you will be facing this alone. Let them know EXACTLY what is going on, what and when, and tell them just what you have told us. That you're scared and confused and think you are being taken for a ride.

Without a paternity test, there is no way I would belly up to that bar. Those who know me know my stand on these matters, but I am dead serious. I have seen guys be taken in by this before... girl gets in trouble and looks for a soft-hearted patsy to loop it to... only cost her a couple of rolls in the hay.

Your folks are your only lifeline right now. Go to them and and let them help you now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom