My first visit to Fry's Electronics!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Antec-User

Papa Chester
Holy Crapin awesome! :D This is a computer geek's super store, alright!

I was lookin at cases on Newegg, Mountain mods and what ever site you can think of to TRY and find the casse that will provide the space that I need.. I finally saw a NICE Cooler Master Case and the Antec 180 case I was looking at online.. Those Cooler Master, Antec and Raven Cases, are MUCH larger that I had thought!!! :D

Darn the $350 MM case, I may just get a Raven, or a nice Cooler Master case..

AND I found a new Game Controller!! Logitech G13! It doesn't have that cumbersome direction pad. It has more of a thumb 'stick'
10982.1.0.jpg

I was SOOOOO tempted not to buy too much! (gotta conserve funds....) SO I just got some UV lights for the case and a NB Cooler.. I could have walked otu of there with $800 worth of goodies quite easily!

I was starting to feel dizzy... I was just walking around with my mouth open.. .LOL :laughing:

I really want this Silverstone Raven Case! I'd Paint the side Vents Red... And maybe the top Vent too..
996fec6d.jpg

silverstone-raven-rv01-1.jpg

I like that G13, ive never seen it before. Frys is great though. Great prices and LOADS of stuff. im lucky to have a tiger direct down my street :D

^ lol... Oh no... A TG that close CAN'T be good! LOL!! I'd find excuses to go down there for something!

And yeah, I've never seen that G13 before either.. The larger pad grabbed my eye when I was walkin down the isle, then I noticed the Thumb 'stick' as I call it... But the controller was $80... I don't need it that bad, right now.. -Come to think of it; I have been running out of room on my current controller, as far as buttons to assign stuff to that is..

They had a HUGE selection of NVidia Cards, not too good of a selection of ATI Cards tho.. They had a good selection of the new GTX 2** series cards.. I was lookin for another Powercolor 4870, but all they had was Diamond and Radeon.

The raven looks cheapy to me.... not one of the better silverstone cases.

And yes, cases are much bigger in person than in pics.

I am soooo jealous of you americans/canadians :( We don't have any stores like these 'Fry's'. The best we have in that vein is the occasional non-chain gaming/computing shop, of which I bet there are like fifty in the whole of the UK.

I am soooo jealous of you americans/canadians :( We don't have any stores like these 'Fry's'. The best we have in that vein is the occasional non-chain gaming/computing shop, of which I bet there are like fifty in the whole of the UK.

Agreed.

The best shop we have is PC world which supplies crappy products like the 8600GTS at £150.

It's so unfair :mad:

canada does not have that many stores, we have some tigerdirects, ncix stores, that is pretty much all i think (other then pc village in toronto, which i don't like to much)

Agreed.

The best shop we have is PC world which supplies crappy products like the 8600GTS at £150.

It's so unfair :mad:

PC World!!!!! :facepalm:

Only thing i've bought from there was my mouse an keyboard, cos they had a deal on, and were selling it cheaper than anywhere else

Novatechs good, if you live near one. And they're always trying to be competetive with their pricing

There is ONE computer store here that stocks real parts. Prices are so crazy though and I am almost positive that they only have one supplier/vender/whatever for hardware. The selection is minimal to say the least. See this madness: Yoytec Computers

An XFX GTX260 for $378?!?!

I feel your pain guys! And of course I had to start getting into computers when I moved to latin america wtf.

The g13 has been out for a while now. Here are some more similar customisable gaming keyboards in price order:

Ergodex (fully customisable keyboard with freely movable keys that can be assigned to any function) £100ish

dell_pr_ergodex_2.jpg

Logitech G13 as seen above £55 ish

Belkin n52te speed pad £30 ish

4750.jpg

Saitek pro gamer command unit £25ish

4744.jpg

Wolfking Warrior £25 ish

4738.jpg

Cyber snipa gamepad £20ish

4728.jpg

Finally the gorgeous [/sarcasm] Hama cruX keypad £15 ish

4751.jpg