my car

Status
Not open for further replies.
no I don't got my license yet and my parents would never allow that. I would have to drift all over the place cause I have no brakes at all just my Emergency brakes.

I get my license next month so hopefully its fixed by then.

no I don't got my license yet and my parents would never allow that. I would have to drift all over the place cause I have no brakes at all just my Emergency brakes.

I get my license next month so hopefully its fixed by then.

Just because you don't have working brakes doesn't mean thats drifting...you can apply the ebrake and not drift and just slow down. You have to be going pretty fast to drift (good and for any length of time anyway), not to mention the fact that drifting on the street is illegal, thus if you got caught, which you probably would, you would lose your license right away. Besides, if you don't even have you license, don't expect to get it and all of a sudden be able to drift like a madman, because if that's what you think, then you're gonna be in for a suprise. Drifting is not the easiest thing to do, no matter how easy it looks in Tokyo Drift.

E-brake is the cheaters way to drift :p ........I'm just kidding BTW.

You do not have to be going fast to drift. Also, contrary to popular beliefe, there are MANY more elements to drifting than horsepower and torque.

I know, its technique. But, if your not going fast enough you won't be able to keep the car sliding sideways. I haven't practiced drifting at all yet (haven't found a big enough area to do so in), so I don't know everything about it. Just so you know, I'm viewing it from a FWD car owner's perspective, so that's why I said that, since I'm assuming his car is as well. It's much easier to cause a RWD car to lose traction and drift.

used to drift in my '83 P-type Toyota Celica Supra, RWD... and I dumped alot of money into it... I won't get into details, but parked it in a wrong spot, it got towed, no proof of ownership, and it's gone... permanently *crys* really want another. but anyways... aluminum dash... I'd go with accents if I was you. from the sounds of it though, you really should be focusing on getting it fixed and you legal... trust me, i jumped the gun too, and I currently have no liscense because of that, and I couldn't stop driving and it's all a mess now. get legal, get insurance, get the brakes fixed. and to mention something someone else said, you can use your e-brake to slow down, not lock up the tires. I did that for several months with my old VW bug, till the e-brake finally wore out lol!!! anyways, prioritize. liscense, brakes, then work on it. it's your first car, don't pay attention to these guys dogging you. take pride in it, make it yours. saw a pic of my current model of car, a ford taurus... got featured on the cover of some mag *don't remember*. some kid made the car into a truely awesome looking car. take pride, fix it up. make it yours.

used to drift in my '83 P-type Toyota Celica Supra, RWD... and I dumped alot of money into it... I won't get into details, but parked it in a wrong spot, it got towed, no proof of ownership, and it's gone... permanently *crys* really want another.

Wow dude, that sucks so much. My car kinda sucks, but I would still be ****ed off if I lost it.

If you can't afford it, cover your dash with aluminum foil. It would probably look the same in that car.....

Thanx for the info and sorry about your Toyota story. Didn't you have the keys cause that is one proof that its yours.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom