my car

Status
Not open for further replies.
there was only one place to drill the whole in the firewall and my uncle wasn't even drilling close to the break fluid line. The coat hanger I rigged to run the wires tore the break fluid line.

my other uncle who used to be a mechanic took some stuff apart and said that I have to take it to a garage and they have to cut through the steel in my car with a steel cutters and replace the wire. He said it will most likely be a couple hundred dollars.

yeah it sucks but I am getting a better job hopefully soon. If I don't get one soon I will wait till i have my license and maybe work 2 jobs but I don't know. My uncle that messed it up said he would pay for the damage he did but he don't got money. He has 2 vehicles 1 is a 2007 and the other is a 2006 of the same make. I don't see how he could afford all that stuff he has but oh well.
The wire that he hit must have been with the drill cause the wire/cable was inside the firewall and you couldn't physically see it.

I was told that no wires should be inside the firewall between 2 steel walls but somebody messed up. My parents told me I should get that car to a junk yard but I already put in about $500-1,000 into fixing it up. I got new break pads, head unit kit, replaced some stuff in the interior, ect. There is know way its going to the junk yard.

DOH!!! That really stinks.... Usually, there are holes in the firewall that are already there, but filled in with rubber gromets. On my Grand Prix, I ran the power cable down the passanger side, and out of a hole on the SIDE of the fire wall that was shared by the radio antenna. Worked like a charm, and thankfully, no interference with the radio's reception.

I can't wait to get back into the car audio game... I still have my old amps, and the wiring, but the quiality is less than that of what I would put in my car now. I had 2 Jensen amps, a 500W 2 channel, and a 600W 4 channel. I also had a Jensen bandpass sub box with 2 10" subs in it. It was pretty nice at first, but over time, the shortcomings started to get to me. The sound quality wasn't all that great. One of my friends had a $3000 JBL system put into his Couger, and that thing was SWEEET... totally blew mine away. Another friend had an MTX system in his Celica, and that was really nice too.

Anyways, good luck with everything on that!

My uncle found a gromet on the passenger side but the battery is on the drivers side. The cable wasn't long enough and I already had the other wires wired down that side of the car.

I just went and bought a head unit kit and an amp kit so hopefully my car don't take too much money. If its about $1,000 or more I will junk it and get a gas powered scooter.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom