my car

Status
Not open for further replies.
I still couldn't find a spot to fish the wire through. It looks like its going to storm and my trunk won't shut no matter what I do. I think I am going to put the breaks on it and have a mechanic look at it. The problem is I probably have to get the car inspected for a mechanic to fix it. I have to wait 3 months before I can get my license so its stupid to get the car inspected and get insurance until I get my license. I just can't see waiting till I get my license to get the trunk fixed. My stereo is no longer in the car cause somebody might steal it.

I don't know what the firewall is. I don't want to drill a hole through the metal and push that hard that the drill, drills through the metal and through something important.

Anybody know if my car has a security system or how to find out?

I found a security button but I don't want to press it and have an alarm go off cause I don't know how to shut it off. I was planning on putting a security system in cause I can't unlock the doors after I lock them which is a good thing I didn't lock the doors, shut them, and then try to unlock them. The key turns but the doors don't unlock.

I think i could fix my trunk but I can't pry that plastic off the hitch thing thats on the trunk to find out fix the problem. The little thing that comes out to grab on to that hitch thing to latch the trunk just stays back and doesn't move.

The firewall is the thing that pedals go through. So, I just drilled a hole in the top left part of where my feet go when I drive. Just plan where you want to drill, open up the hood, and see if anything will interfere.

Chances are, if your car is that old, it doesn't have a security system.

actually, i have a 1988 mazda and it has a good security system....it is built into the car and activates when you lock it. be careful when cutting the hole not to slice any fingers...in my car where i had to drill it was extremely sharp and....yes...i managed to slip when drilling...so now i have a 1/2 inch scar on my thumb from where the metal sliced it.........oh and btw..after i cut it, i just taped it up and continued to finish the project.......and the power wire from the amp goes to the positive on the battery

thank you guys so much. I will do my best to be as careful as I can. I just wish my drill bits where smaller so they could just go through the metal and nothing else but oh well.

I was going to drill a whole but then i looked at the pedals more closely and it looks like their is stuff on the other side so I am going to wait to see what my uncle decides to do cause he is good at hooking up head units, stereos, amps, ect. I think he used to work for a company doing that stuff.

While I was looking around I found about 10-20 missing screws in my car so I think I should put screws in where they should go cause the interior don't look as nice with missing screws. Its not the screws that would make it look nice cause its falling apart since there is no screws holding the interior together. Only like 1 or 2 and there should be more then that.

My uncle drilled through my firewall and when he put the coat hanger through he hit my break fluid line or whatever and now my break fluid is leaking. Do you know aprrox. how much that will cost to get fixed? There is a garage right down the road from my house. I told you guys something bad would happen going through the firewall.

After the break thing is fixed I have to get wires for my amp, speakers, ect.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom