my car

Status
Not open for further replies.

Norcent

Banned
BAZOOKA BA-1500 (R) AMPLIFIER

I just got that amp and a stereo with 2 10" speakers. I hooked them up myself but I can't get the amp wire to the battery. I got the amp wire all the way to the cd player but I can't find an opening to get it to the cars battery.

I have an 1990 acura legend 2 door.

Now I can tell people I have a bazooka in the back of my car and they will be like what, time to call the police. JK

I also have a $200 head unit and when I lock my doors I can't unlock them with the key so I can't lock my car doors. Somebody already tried to steal my head unit and I don't know why they couldn't get it out cause It popped right out for me without a key or anything. Nothing was holding it in. I am changing everything. IF the garage can't fix my door locks then I am getting a security system installed. Oh and I will make it really hard to steal my $200 head unit also. My bazooka and 2 10" speakers I don't got to worry about cause they are in my trunk which the trunk don't open easily. Can't access the trunk through the back seats either.

What I did to get the main power wire from my amp to my battery was to actually cut a hole in the floor of my car (under the back seat) and ran the power cord above the drive shaft. It's been there for 3 years and I haven't had any problems with it. BTW I'm running 2-1200w 12" Subs from a 1400w amp, and 6-6.5" speakers from a 400w amp. Hope this helps, if not PM me and I will send pics.

Found this info here HawkExpress.com - find bargains Blapunkt amplifiers. Hope it is helpfull. Don't take that Bazooka to the airport ;-)

1) Disconnect the battery from the car's electrical system with the doors open. You could run down the battery and it also helps you to avoid short circuits or blowing fuses.
2) Find a spot to go through the firewall. Look for a plug that's already there. In most cars you should have no trouble finding one. When you find one, pull it out and punch a hole through it large enough to fit the power wire through. If there is none, don't worry. Just find a place to drill, on the same side as the battery, and install a grommet. Run the cable through the firewall, and up to the battery. Don't connect it to the battery till you are all done. Most cars will have grommets large enough to use. Don't worry if there already are factory wires in your grommet, just be careful not to damage them as you run the wire through. One helpful method is to get a long thick probe, tape your power wire to this probe, and run it through the grommet. If your wire is fairly large compared to the grommet, than you may wish to tape a smaller gauge wire to act as a leader.

3) Place an in-line fuse within 6"-18" of the battery. One of these is included with our Hooker Amp kits. For most systems, a 50 or 60 amp fuse is plenty. If it's only a small amp 30 or 40 will do. DO NOT skip this fuse! This one is mandatory! It could stop your car from catching on fire in an accident. The purpose of this fuse box is not to protect the amp, its purpose is to protect the wire in the event of a short between the battery and the amp.

4) With the wire through the firewall, run the power cable to the back of the car, staying on the opposite side of the RCA cables. If you are going to have more than one amp, you want to install a distribution fuse block. Connect the power cable to this fuse block. You then run another cable from the fuse box, to the amps positive (+) terminal.

Be sure to use split loom tubing to protect your power wire under the hood. Split loom tubing is corrugated tubing with a split down its center through which wires are placed. This is an IASCA requirement. Also, use loom anywhere a wire runs over a rough metal edge. Use wire ties to keep the wire from being drooped over your engine.

Aren't you trying to save up money, Norcent? :p

I find the best way to do that is not to waste massive amounts of money on sound systems. :D

You are supposed to run the power wire from the battery > through the firewall > and to the back of the trunk, then into the amp. The amp is grounded somewhere in the trunk. Then, on the opposite side of the car, you have the remote and the speaker wires runing from the head unit to the amp/speakers.

I guess this helps stop distortion in the speaker wires from the power wire.

If you guys knew this, oh well. Perhaps it will help someone :)

dude brinson I bought the stero system and the amp used from my friend all for $150.00 and my friend bought the amp for $150.00 new. oh and that friend will be my brother inlaw next year cause he's getting married to my sister.

if i get the wire to the battery my only problem is where do I hook it up? the positive side or the negative side?

The amp wires go down one side of the car and speaker wires go down the other side? oops. I had it that way but on the drivers side there isn't really a good spot to hide the wires or get them under the hood.

My power cord for my amp is blue. my hands are all red and black from putting them into tiny spaces searching for holes. I have a clothes hanger that i took apart which is what i am using to try and find some holes but no luck yet.

So just drill a hole in the firewall somewhere. It doesnt need to be huge, just make it so you can run the wire through it and conceal it. Do it as close to the battery as you can, too.

After you drill the hole, sand it down a little or put some electrical tape along the edge, so that any metal left hanging after your drilling won't cut the wire.

Edit: Also, some clarification. The power wire goes to the battery, so depending on where your battery is (mine is on the left, if you are in the car), run the power wire down that side of the car. Then, the amp and remote wires run down the other (left) side, coming from the head unit.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom