My 500th Post!

Status
Not open for further replies.

OIDanTheManIO

Fully Optimized
I am proud to announce that this is officially my 500th post on Tech Forums! w00t w00t! Anybody else nearing an aniversary post such as 100, 500, 1000 or MORE?! Post here!

<---------- My 500th Post! w00t w00t!

Well wait, I don't spam and I don't know what your definition of "garbage posts" are because I really try hard to help people. Maybe if someone new talked to all the hundreds of people I have helped through Tech Forums and then saw what you, A MODERATOR, just said about how I post, they would think twice about joining Tech Forums. I didn't realize that the mods were so strict about what you clasify as being "garbage posts." I mean, your goal here is to get more people to come, not to scare them away, and that's exactly what you're doing...

I don't think the mods are strict at all. Some forums you wouldn't be able to post topics celebrating your whatever-th post.

Yes, but that is why there is an Off-Topic section to post whatever you want to in as long as its not treatening or contains verbal abuse or something like that...

I mean c'mon, I'm just like every other member here. I'm here to help people and promote the site, if that's a problem and you still think that I'm no help to anyone in this forum, then mabe I should find a new forum to join. I mean, I can make 10,000 "garbage posts" as you would put them, and even if I help just one person, I've done my job and that person is going to want to come back again with more computer questions. I'm sure you've noticed in the past how I always greet the newcomers and I treat everyone on TF the way they would want to be treated, I don't see why I'm doing something wrong to "hurt" this site...

What good will that do? He has already given me two warnings for no good reasons, why take the risk of talking to him and getting another?

Besides the fact that I have tried that once before and he talked to me like I was a dog and not like I was a human being!

I'd help with something I know, but most questions are too in-depth for me :p

But I had to comment on the "I don't think the mods are strict at all. Some forums you wouldn't be able to post topics celebrating your whatever-th post." -- that's true, most places won't let you "double" post either...

But in a fair response to...
"I mean, I can make 10,000 "garbage posts" as you would put them, and even if I help just one person, I've done my job and that person is going to want to come back again with more computer questions."

In my mind, 10,000 garbage posts are...well, you should be banned! :p But I haven't seen much of any here at Tech-Forums beyond those people trying to get referrals for whatever...that's why I like it here. So I wouldn't think you have been posting garbage, but then again, I don't read ALL the threads, just most!

And while I'm saying this stuff...I have a couple of questions directed at the Admin (MicroBell?):
-is there anyway to fix the "show today's threads" search, as probably every 2 out of 5 times I use it, you hit "next" and it says "search error"--or it will show 5 pages of results, when there are only 2.

Mmm, there was another, but I can't remember it right now..but yes, spam-free board=the place to be! :D

I don't post ANY garbage. I mean, it's not like I just post random things in treads like saying "la la la" or anything like that. Now THAT I can understand.

OIDanTheManIO said:
I mean c'mon, I'm just like every other member here. I'm here to help people and promote the site, if that's a problem and you still think that I'm no help to anyone in this forum, then mabe I should find a new forum to join. I mean, I can make 10,000 "garbage posts" as you would put them, and even if I help just one person, I've done my job and that person is going to want to come back again with more computer questions. I'm sure you've noticed in the past how I always greet the newcomers and I treat everyone on TF the way they would want to be treated, I don't see why I'm doing something wrong to "hurt" this site...

I am going to have to stop you right here, please do not continue to ramble on about how you dont post garbage because essentially posting about not posting garbage is garbage.
Second, what he means by garbage posts is that you already post information/questions known which help the person but are secondary. For instince i bet when somebody has asked something software related and you needed to know the computers specs to better figuare out the problem be it lack of hardware or os not up to date, you your self has asked for specs after someone else. And i bet people have done same to you, these are essentialy garbage posts, now not every garbage post follows this criteria but that is the main garbage post posted. And this message to you is a garbage post because it serves no purpose more than making you shut up and stop saying you dont post garbage when i know you will post or pm me about this therefor creating more garbage. You see how it adds up;) ;) ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom