Mwuhaha!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brinson

Daemon Poster
I upgraded from a Pentium 2 350mhz w/128mb pc100 ram to a Core 2 Duo e6750 w/2gbs of DDR2 800mhz ram.

Its so nice to be able to run more than one program at a time. :D

I had been looking at a brisbane setup that I'd overclock, which was looking in the pricerange of $150-$200 for the cpu/fan/motherboard. But...Fry's sold this combo for $190, I added on $30 for a 3 year warranty. Now...I don't have to overclock (didn't want to). I have a much crappier motherboard, but its got a 3 year warranty on it at a physical store and Fry's is usually really good about taking things back.

System is up and running fine. I used the stock fan to save money. Its really nice. Much better fans than I got with my Athlon XPs or older cpus. Its made by intel. Seems to work great. I idle around 20C and when I start using stuff it seems to go up around 40C.

Definitely a budget system. Whole things was about $300, I used my Hard Drive and DVD-RW from before, got the antec PSU for $40. I don't know much about PSUs but I hear people singing Antec's praises alot on here.

Such an upgrade...

The machine flies with Ubuntu 7.10 :D

dude, congrats, antec's good for cpus if you want to tighten up the budget a little, because antec ups is usually on sale with mir, right? so if you want mid you go to corsair, and it depends if you want modular, but you can go super high to pc power and coolign, but they are pretty expansive, get?

k, so you've got e6750, good, good cpu , but what kind of mobo you got, ecs? that sucks, but you say you got it cheapeh? I would've gone with a DS#L I'm pretty obsessed with them for some reason, but it was a pretty bad choice for me for my for Q6600, feel like its been holding me back for overclocking a little.

and your sig is wrong, I think that's "OCZ not "OCS" dude

Haha, yeah, it is OCZ, I typod. I'll go fix it now.

I got the motherboard pretty much for free. I got the cpu and motherboard for the same price the cpu costs alone on newegg. I bought a warranty, so I'm not really concerned. If it goes out, I get another one for free.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom