Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Hardware

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

IBMan

Daemon Poster
Do you think its possible that music helps concentration? I think it definitely does. If i'm writing a report for school I find that listening to thrash and speed metal such as the haunted or metallica's master of puppets album or and justice for all helps me either type faster or at least more accurately. The only thing is I cannot read and comprehend for reading quizzes and such the next day, then it needs to be completely quiet, but any other time music really helps me. What's your opinion.

At my school, they always said "We found a test that music doesn't help with studying so don't listen to headphones in class". However, i would always listen to headphones, with my hoody covering me up, so they didnt see.

My test scores stayed the same, except i studied better.
It's based on opinion.

*Well, something acoustic would help you concentrate, because you dont have words confusing your brain.*

we have a rule in my school no cd players, mp3 players and the like, so we're kinda deprived of that option anyway. I could never actually study for a test but i could probably do it while taking for a test or doing regular homework

*Well, something acoustic would help you concentrate, because you dont have words confusing your brain.*

My thoughts exactly.

I always preferred some type of orchestra music... preferrably something powerful, like from a movie score. Never really checked out the "classics" like Beethoven or Bach. Plus, I was in band, so I like that kind of music (among many other types).

I always do my homework with music...just depends on my mood....

but it definantly helps me concentrate:)

Good Topic!:D

Music helps me write reports or essays. When it comes to math, it's just annoying and makes my concentration lower, because I focus on the vocals. Even if I play a metallica instrumental, I still can't concentrate.

i thought so, I love the thrash and speed metal tho, slow stuff doesn't do it for me, nor does the louder bigger classical w/e u wanna call it.

In Grade 10, I had a math teacher that was very cute, but was a total B1TcH!!!

For no reason at all, she moved me from the back of the class to the far side, and never let me talk to anybody.

I'd just sit there, with my hoody on, and listen to Big Shiny Tunes 8 while she blabbed on about Algebra and TI-83 stuff (even though i didnt have the calculator, too much $)

Anyone else have teachers that you absolutely...disliked...to the MAX?

I beg to differ. I love music, but when I'm working, it kills my concentration. Sure, if I'm into what I'm doing, its great. But most times, especially with Math and long essays, it takes me MUCH longer to finish the assignment than I would have done without music. My quality of work is MAYBE better, but it shouldn't take as long as it does.

Green Radience said:
I beg to differ. I love music, but when I'm working, it kills my concentration. Sure, if I'm into what I'm doing, its great. But most times, especially with Math and long essays, it takes me MUCH longer to finish the assignment than I would have done without music. My quality of work is MAYBE better, but it shouldn't take as long as it does.

I agree. The only thing that aids concentration is a stimulant. Like Ginseng or caffeine.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom