Music Bit Rates, Can You Tell The Difference?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trifid

Fully Optimized
Some rules before I say anything else: quote Spoiler your results! me!
If you are going to cheat and use Spectral Analysis don't bother in replying with your "thoughts". To anyone who is so desperate to see if they are correct, it is very easy to see the order of quality and see what the lowest is.

It has been a while since this was last done, October last year and I wanted to add from the last one by having a true lossless sample as well as various MP3 bitrate's as well as one VBR.

What you will need, Foobar2000 foobar2000 Drag the cue file to this unless you wish to scan through tracks with Winamp/WMP.

There are 7 audio snippets at 30seconds long (I believe I am right in saying that you are allowed a 30seconds sample of music with out breaking the copyright.)

The quality ranges from lossless 3072Kbps (Vinyl 24bit source) and you can guess what the lowest quality one is.

I will release the results when I wake up on Monday (around 8am; might delay this depending on how many people reply with their thoughts.)

Right click and save as for both and place in the same folder (80meg - sorry!) Index of /music

Enjoy! (And I look forward to seeing if anyone can tell.)[

I believe that we can realise the difference till 320kbps after that we can not comrehend any difference.

So which one do you think the lossless one is? I can tell you now on cheap speakers it is very obvious when you know what you are looking for. The difference between 320 and the lowest one is a lot less obvious.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom