Is it to much?

Status
Not open for further replies.

PP Mguire

Build Guru
What do yall think is to much for a in your room stereo system? I have two PA towers that carry two 500watt 15" JBLs w/ horns and on that same amp is 2 200watt 8" subs (for cars but i put the box under my desk :D) and for rear i have 2 Cambridge 2 inch speakers running off a seperate amp. The main amp is 500watts a channel in stereo. Is it to much? BTW my land has no restrictions so it can be as loud as i want. What are yalls opinoins on a stereo system, is there anything considered to loud?

depends if u turn it up at full capacity, then that will be loud, lol. But its all personal preference you know. As long as it doesnt both other people around you, i guess its fine.

Well im sure if it was to loud my dad wouldnt have let me borrow the JBLs lol. And i dont turn it past half way, cause it hurts my ears and rattles my window.

haha, yea, but man those are some powerfull JBLs, nice ones. Its gota be impressive. What kinda AMP u use?

QSC and Mackie. My dad wont let me borrow the Crown MACROtech :(. They are actualy JBL SRX Towers and the 2 8s are car subs (200watt GT series) I use the QSC right now cause i gotta fix the Mackie. The QSC is 1000watts Bridged mono at 4ohms and 1500 at 2ohm. 500watts a side stereo at 8 and 4ohm. The mackie is 1400watts stereo and like 2800 or 3000 mono Bridged. The one channel cuts out time to time cause my dad usues it when we work as a monitor AMP.

Hopefully, I will have around what ya have now.

2x 15" Eminence Delta 15LF's low, 2x 10" Eminence Alpha 10" mid, 2x APT80 Tweeters

And than 2x 18" bass bins, long throw design.

P.P. Mguire said:
Hmm that for DJing? I would suggest something else but idk if they sell it to Canada.

Suggest

Mind ya, im building my own cabs, that's why I just listed cabs. Mine are as cheap as some no name brand, and will sound like almost turbosound stuff :)

Hmm 2 Cerwin Vegas mounted w/ 2 Peave Blackwidow 18" low riders (230$ eachUS) and 2 JBL TR225s. Simple rig and very very loud. Carries the bass and that is what is in my car for subs (the 2 18") and if you want i can recomend some AMPs too.

P.P. Mguire said:
Hmm 2 Cerwin Vegas mounted w/ 2 Peave Blackwidow 18" low riders (230$ eachUS) and 2 JBL TR225s. Simple rig and very very loud. Carries the bass and that is what is in my car for subs (the 2 18") and if you want i can recomend some AMPs too.

The P in peavy means plastic. Even though the black widows are an actual woofer, and are actually worth looking at.

What kinda cerwin vega's, their are many as well :)

And I dont know how expensive the TR225's are, but if they are what I think, I heard them and didnt really like them that much.

I know the Peavey's for the low, JBL's for Mid / High, and what the hell do the cerwin vega's do?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom