MS DOS 'UNDELETE'

spacecadet11

In Runtime
Hello. I am using windows 7. A long time ago I used to be able to use an undelete command where I could bring back a file I deleted. But with windows 7 the command prompt does not have this command.

Is there a procedure using Windows 7 where I can undelete a file?

Thanks
SC

Last edited:
Use recovery software such as Recuva. Depends how long ago the file was deleted though too.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

You can get various software that will recover files, DATA Ect: .. Do a search threw Google, have a read up and check forums Ect. Make sure you read up on what you are doing because their will some sort of free alternative available too paid for software. If you are wanting too permanently delete files on the other hand what I know is the opposite of what you are doing use Ccleaner and run a 7x Pass or 35x Gut-man pass. If your running a Laptop I used too remove the battery on my previous one and let it run, Gut Man used too take anywhere up too three days being a 500 Gig HDD.

You can get various software that will recover files, DATA Ect: .. Do a search threw Google, have a read up and check forums Ect. Make sure you read up on what you are doing because their will some sort of free alternative available too paid for software. If you are wanting too permanently delete files on the other hand what I know is the opposite of what you are doing use Ccleaner and run a 7x Pass or 35x Gut-man pass. If your running a Laptop I used too remove the battery on my previous one and let it run, Gut Man used too take anywhere up too three days being a 500 Gig HDD.

Not sure what removing the battery has to do with wiping a drive/file?

Not sure what removing the battery has to do with wiping a drive/file?

It used too take up too three days, so I unplugged the batter and ran it off the Mains. Set the display options and closed the Lid on it..

Back
Top Bottom