MP3s could become extinct

Status
Not open for further replies.
jorsoft03 said:
Not really a good comparison since an sd card can't magically play music by itself....
However it the whole idea about carrying another device.

Not sure about every any one else where, but on a work day I am normally carrying a MP3 Player and/or PSP, 2x Mobile Phones and PDA.
And I am trying to walk about the city with out having a sign that says "MUG ME!" sticky taped to my back.

And when you think about it, there is overlapping on devices and what the can do. Especially between my PDA and Mobile Phone.

p0werslave said:
Like the sunglasses with built in mp3 player, Oakley Thumpzszzzzz.
I change that sign that has been sticky taped to a billboard with those sun glasses.

Not sure about every any one else where, but on a work day I am normally carrying a MP3 Player and/or PSP, 2x Mobile Phones and PDA.
ok, but how much of that do you actually need? Especially a PSP

the audio industry has been declining, no more is it "how good can you get it to sound", but now it's "how small can you compress an mp3 without the consumers noticing a loss in quality?"

Cell phones are **** for music... I see kids in the halls every day with there cell phones playing there stupid music, but the memory in cell phones is so small they can only download like 10 min worth in music, even then the quality is so terrible I would rather listen to country than rock on a cell phone. (No offence to people who like country.)

exactly i can't stand the quality of those things if i want to listen to music i will listen to a cd player or ipod with good quality music if i want to call someone ill use a cell phone

god i hate it, this chick in my class [grade] thinks shes so cool with her phone that holds like 100 songs... then she "loses" it like every month, a gets a new one. i swear she re-uses them though, shes such a little wanna-be rich chick

but i doint think im too worried... phones suck with quality today anyways.
[sarcastic] I don't like the idea of one device solving all of your computational needs, i like to bring a camera, video camera, iPod, and everything separate

but wait! what about laptops?! [/sarcastic]

i remember the first time i saw a stick of ram, i had this dream that night about people carrying around a stick of ram up to their ear, and their like "my iRam has lower latancy than yours!!" and u know, there were no headphones or anything, u just hold it up to your ear :p

Clearly everything will be in one uber device in several years. And just as clearly I will be the one to invent this device. In 5 years you'll all be using your cellphone/taperecorder/camcorder/mp3 player/camera/julliene fry maker (or "Jorsoft" for short ;)) and loving it. Just you all wait and see:beard:........

My iPod is great for audio and video. My Cellphone (Razr) is great as a phone, a camera, and a instant messaging (paging) machine. I don't want anything more, I don't need anything more. I suppose having a portable keyboard, and faster internet access would be nice, but I don't care to have that very much. I don't see the problem with a phone having many features. The more the better. I mean, it makes calls, and it does other stuff. Seriously, where is the problem there? And I agree, the iPod video could use a longer battery life, but I don't watch that many movies. 14 hours of music battery life is plenty enough for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom