MP3 players? Anybody?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jayce

Fully Optimized
I just received the 512 version of the SanDisk digital audio player, and so far I'm rather pleased with it. Only thing is the ear buds that come with it downright suck. But a few dollars later a nice set replaces them.

I was going to slurge and get the iPod, but the extra features didn't justify the higher price to me. Then low and behold I get a SanDisk (one I was pursuing) for Christmas. :cool:

kostas said:
ha. I got that exact same present for my brother. The headphones are not that bad!

Hey, man. I thought the headphones were pretty nice too. I switched to a 10 dollar pair of Sony's, holy **** man it sounds worlds better. And it didn't even sound bad to start with!!!! :cool:

I ordered a 30GB iPod, should be here soon.

I have waited to get one for a long time because of the price, now I am just tired of wating and I wanted one...had the money and didn't have to spend it on anything else :D

GameGURU said:
I ordered a 30GB iPod, should be here soon.

I have waited to get one for a long time because of the price, now I am just tired of wating and I wanted one...had the money and didn't have to spend it on anything else :D

I wonder though, how much would 30gb really be? I mean, think of it like this... Does the iPod save movies in different format or something? Because generally a DVD is what, 8 gb? Say you shrink it, 4 gb. You load that on the iPod, then what? You're stuck watching 6 or 7 movies on that little gizmatron and it's maxed?

A typical DVD movie is 4GB or less. A DVD's capacity is 4.7GB, and there are tons of features other than the actual movie so its much smaller.

But the point of the 30GB iPod Video ($300) isn't to watch DVDs. You can watch TV episodes (500MB?) and basically ANY other video you want to watch, from an episode of ER to that video of that dude getting pwned in BF2.

And ofcourse, theres the music :)

Jayce said:
I wonder though, how much would 30gb really be? I mean, think of it like this... Does the iPod save movies in different format or something? Because generally a DVD is what, 8 gb? Say you shrink it, 4 gb. You load that on the iPod, then what? You're stuck watching 6 or 7 movies on that little gizmatron and it's maxed?

Haha, you don't watch DVD's on them, that's why I have a PSP. You watch other things...but I am not planning on putting movies on there, mostly music.

My wife just got me a 6 gig Creative mp3 player, along with the "TravelDock". (Basically a stereo that it plugs into so you can play your MP3's without the headphones.)

I've only been using it a couple of days, but I like it.

30 Gb Creative Nomad MP3 Player. I got that christmas 2004. I used it just about every day when I am going out.

Resently I got a PSP. Now there is untilities to turn it into a portalble media centre. But with the price Memory Stick Duo's really makes it hard to justify the price using it to play Movies or Music.
Like I am going to pick up a 1Gb/2gb Memory Stick Duo. I am going to just stick to my Nomad for when I want to listen to music.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom