MP3 Players.

Status
Not open for further replies.

AnthraX

Daemon Poster
Well, I am going to be (hopefully) purchasing an mp3 player here soon. I was pretty much set on getting the Creative Zen Sleek Photo but now I'm kind of having second thoughts. I like everything about the player (especially the 20gb of space), except it has a hard drive inside instead of flash memory. This wouldn't be a problem, but I work out and I would like to use the mp3 player while I work out and not have to worry about damaging the hard drive inside.

Here are my questions:
1) How much shorter life span would the hard drive have if used while working out?
2) Has anyone had experience with the Zen Sleek Photo? the Zen Sleek? or Creative mp3 players in general?
3) Is there a good flash-based mp3 player out there that would be good for me? I love having lots of memory and battery life. (I don't want to eliminate iPods, but I don't prefer them.) [EDIT] My price limit is about $225.

since I bring my MP# player to the gym too (a 1 gig Sansa flash) I can tell you that despite longevity a large hard drive player is probably going to be way too bulky to comfortably work out with. And if you do settle on flash, then you'll be settling for less storage as well.

DefragMyHead said:
since I bring my MP# player to the gym too (a 1 gig Sansa flash) I can tell you that despite longevity a large hard drive player is probably going to be way too bulky to comfortably work out with. And if you do settle on flash, then you'll be settling for less storage as well.

The Zen Sleek Photo is amazingly light. I went to Wal-Mart and tickered around with it.

Unfortunatally, I know I'll be sacraficing space for flash. I just am trying to figure out if it is worth that trade off or not.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom