MP3 Player Headphone Jack

Status
Not open for further replies.

Milliteq_CEO

In Runtime
All of a sudden, my MP3 Player (Creative: Zen Micro), has a crappy headphone jack. I turned it on one day... And, I had to mess around with the head phones (like spin the part that goes into the jack) until atleast ONE side would play the music. I don't know if I have th wrong kind of headphones though.

Creative Nomads normally give you a crappy pair $10 of head phones. Like my set just fell apart after a few months.

It's more that likely that you have bent one of your head phone cables. And it's cut out sound to one of your speakers.

Get yourself some better headphones. Like I replace my creative head phones with some cheap (AU$29) Sony ones. I like the head phone cord on it as they have re-enforced head phone cable so it's much harder to break the cable.

Well, I went and bought new Sony headphones once I bought the Nomad, because the stock ones were too big. And, after while my problem started to happen. So, then I bought new RCA ones, and they worked a tad for a couple days, and then crapped out. And, now I have another pair, and I have to twist them around in the jack for a couple seconds to make them work. I was told to buy headphones with 3 rings on the part of the headphones that goes into the jack. The ones I am using now have 2. (http://www.circuitcity.com/IMAGE/product/enlarged/rca/EC.RCA.AH202.JPG)
Well, should I send it back to get fixed or what? Or, find headphones with 3 rings?

The creative's headphone jack comes de-soldered very easy.

Means ya have to get out a soldering gun and take it all apart.

Sound like the solder has come loose.
(Looking at my Zen Xtra 30Gb)
If it's the same sort of contruction has my Zen Xtra 30Gb, it might take a bit of unscrewing, but if you are careful, you might be able to do it.

You can try fixing it yourself or you can take it back for RMA if it's still under warranty. That RMA would take about 2 weeks for about an hours or so worth of work.

Milliteq_CEO said:
Oh, and BTW Harper, I think you posted in every thread I made...
Because I am so in love with your Avatar (just kidding)

Honestly, I am not sure why.

I don't have a screw driver that small. And, it looks as though I threw more money down the f****in' drain! I don't have warranty. :-(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom