MP3 Player to choose?

Status
Not open for further replies.
apokalipse said:
I would get a Creative Zen 20GB or an ipod instead
much more space and probbably more battery life
DITTO.

The thing that just amazes me about the MP3 is that you can get alot more for a little more money saved.

I am a little more toward the creative zen as appose to apple ipod.

iPOD advantage is that they are smaller and sleak design. FireWire is a bonus. And there is alot more assories for iPod.
iPOD does have better support in this country (Aust.).

Zen on the other hand. They are big, but they are not an tighly enclosure unit. SO you can change battery for example. Or buy a replacement battery when your oringal one dies.
Also i can get to the hard drive easier, therefore the possibity of you being able to replace the hard drive yourself as appose to having to send it off to apple for repair.

Over all, SAVE UP A LITTLE BIT MORE, and you will get a lot more.
Heck, even 4Gb on a iPOD mini is better that 256Mb.

anything; dont go for an ipod
if u want to me "in" get an ipod,
but if u want a good player, dont get an ipod

but it all on depens wut u need...

in ur list, go for any creative lab ones

I fully support Creative and loved my player, but iPod is still good. Creative has better sound quality across the board and typically better battery life. They also have a huge number of players to choose from.

i don't think that there's anything wrong with the ipod. yea, you're buying the name for the most part when you dish out a lot of cash for one, but, the product works well. i have a few friends that have had the same ipod since the 1st gen (and a couple have the 3rd and 4th gen) and the player still works great! you'll be disappointed with a 256MB player because of the size constrainsts.
And as far as the price goes, you are still going to dish out anywhere from $100 to $150 for a 256MB or 512MB player. Why not spend $260 and get a creative zen xtra 40GB with 80 times as much space?
if you want something small with minimal space, check out the new ipod shuffle. it's $99 and has 1GB. it doesn't have an interface though.....so, if you're looking for the interface with the player just save another $100 or so and go with something bigger.
i personally have a 30GB creative zen xtra and it works great. the battery is easily accessible, the interface is easy to work with. the battery life is longer than an ipod of the same size.....but not too much longer. the creative is a smidge heavier, but not too much.
The only reasons why i'd prefer the ipod over the creative player are: firewire, accessories and software.
thats probably the biggest downfall to the creative player. the software that comes with it, in my opinion, is a little quirky. and, forget trying to connect the player to any ol' computer via USB without the software....unlike the ipod, your OS won't recognize the player without drivers.....even as an external drive!

Well, I got my iPod for virtually nothing from credit card points. Still, COSTCO sells mini's and 20's for just under $200.

I love my iPod. I mean, not only can I cary practically my entire song collection on it, but my files too. When I hit the office, I plug in my iPod, and I can backup files I need for home (or files I worked on at home for the office), and at the same time I can use it to play my music and I can download music for it during the day.

It's light, fits in my pocket, looks sharp, and has plenty of capacity. And if the 20 or 40's are too expensive, just get a 10 or a mini. They're cheaper.

if you dn't want to buy a "regular" ipod, you can buy the new ipod shuffle for $99..... there are two versions i think....i'm pretty sure they either store 256mb or 1 gig. but the catch is, they dn't have screens like the regular ipods, and all you can do is pause, play, and skip songs. so you can download itunes from the internet and put like 256mb of songs on it.... i have a 20 gig ipod and i've had it since september.... i've been pleased with mine, so if you have the money, buy a regular ipod.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom