Moving West...

Status
Not open for further replies.

mikesgroovin

HONK if you route packets
Hey all
Just wanted to throw a little message to you all here saying that I'm probably not going to be posting for a while. I am currently visiting a friend in Seattle. I have been wanting to move here for about 3 years. So, while I was here, I setup an interview with a company and after 2 interviews....they hired me!!!!!!
So, now I'm in a little bit of a time crunch. I am coming back to Maryland tomorrow and then retiring my current position, packing my bags and driving out to Seattle! Very, Very Exciting!
I'm sure I'll be posting on TF in-between now and the big move, but it'll be a lot less than I'm used to until I'm out there and settled.

Congrats to ekÆsine for the jump to Moderator! You deserved it dude!

See ya soon!

-Mike

Sad hell... man it sounds like you are making things happen for yourself! That is great.

Post when you can and have a very safe drive out west.

What type of job btw?

congrats dude, your only just a ferry ride away from my humble home!

Sad to lose a fellow Marylander... but it looks like a job just opened up! Where do i apply?:p Have a great time in seattle, I've been there a few times and its very nice.

Yea, I LOVE Seattle. Been here a few times myself. Never gets old.
The hardest part is going to be leaving all of my clients here to virtually nobody....cause there is nobody in the sleepy town that I live in to take over....they are going to be PISSED!

Actually, the drive is what I'm looking forward to the most! I've been across the county before. My friends step-mother hired me to drive her convertable Mercedez to San Diego...WHOA! What a great trip.
But anyways, yea, I'll be broadcasting my progress to TF from some poor souls unencrypted wireless connection in more than one state.
I had a position at a comapany in Silver Spring as the Technical Advisor for support. Good with high pay. Easy job for some but lemme tell ya......you gotta be on your shit. I'll still have to close out my last contact before I leave...which was the toughest. I was in contact with a developer from Microsoft, attempting to get them to think about an ER to Microsoft Word so that it would integrate with our product better. Not as big of a deal as it seems....just a little code to rearrange. But if you are interested, just goto SoftMed.com and look it up in a bit.

-Mike

Oh damn......my boss is totally on my shit!
He has lived in Seattle before and the first question he asked me was:

"So when are you moving?"

Ceci va être rude!

-Mike

Well, the position is an Implementation Lead/Technical Liaison. I'm going to be working for a company responsible for rolling out major POS hardware and software solutions to key vendors. My first assignment is Seattle's Key Arena. It'll house a hundred or so POS (Point of Sale) terminals with a few backbones and a main server. Implementation/Training/Technical Guidance are my roles.
If you walk into a Burger King, TGIFriday's, Subway or just about any airport you'll find the name right on the hardware....Micros. Pretty solid company. I worked with them for a few years in the past and I know that they aren't going to go down anytime soon. I'm just so freakin' siked cause this was my dream and also my nightmare.
I thought that the worst deal with getting out there would be the "JOB" factor. And my first interview, I get a company that I'm familiar with, offering more money, willing to pay re-lo expenses and willing to pay me $0.38 a mile travel out there!
I'm planning my trip out right now....

-Mike

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom