Moving to Santa Barbara!

Status
Not open for further replies.
ThatÂ’s awesome! Is it a 3 or 4 year bachelors course? What do you expect to be doing when you finish? When i finish my education, i hope to start my own buisness. At brooks, not only do they teach you how to be a photographer, but how to run a buisness because soemthing like 80% of all photographes are self employed

lol, I said I'm getting my AA, that's an associates dude. Art institutes dont offer bachelors...only associates muchlike a junior college. I'm starting summer 2006 and will be done no later than winter 2008, maybe earlier though since I'm getting math, english and psychology out of the way at the local junior college down here.

My ultimate goal is to be a producer. And if that works out, who knows, I may start my own studio someday, but this would be many years down the road. As I said, ultimate goal is producer, but there are many, many fields to go into with an audio degree from sound engineer, to radio personality, to setting up sound for stages and concerts, etc..etc..

At brooks, not only do they teach you how to be a photographer, but how to run a buisness because soemthing like 80% of all photographes are self employed.
snap! Ya know what, I remember actually looking into brooks before when I was interested in doing photoshop work, but then I decided that I was only mediocre at photoshop and there are people WAY better than me, so I went towards my first love......Sound & music :D Plus as I said I really loved it in seattle so I'm wanting to get out of california.

I would take an Art Institute's education (for art that is) over a University any day, well done.
Yup, well overall it's better than sitting at home doing absolutely nothing, thats for sure.

Nubius said:
lol, I said I'm getting my AA, that's an associates dude. Art institutes dont offer bachelors.
The reason i asked that is becuase i'm getting a 3 year bachelors degree and brooks is infact an art institute. I also didn't know what AA stood for. Whoops! :p

The reason i asked that is becuase i'm getting a 3 year bachelors degree and brooks is infact an art institute. I also didn't know what AA stood for. Whoops!
lol.....well then we both made some sort of mistake haha....my bad dude, I didn't even think about brooks offering a bachelors.

But yeah, as far as you get in the art institute is an associates.....plus there is no bachelors for 'audio production' per se, I'd have to just get a major in music if I wanted a bachelors degree. This place has an internship after 5 quarters and it's like 65% who go out get into a job fairly quickly. Not quite as high as your 80% but, it is self employed vs being hired by a company, so there's bound to be some difference there.

Nubius said:
But yeah, as far as you get in the art institute is an associates.....plus there is no bachelors for 'audio production' per se, I'd have to just get a major in music if I wanted a bachelors degree. This place has an internship after 5 quarters and it's like 65% who go out get into a job fairly quickly. Not quite as high as your 80% but, it is self employed vs being hired by a company, so there's bound to be some difference there.
Brooks has associates programs, but I don't know what they are and I really don't want to go and get my catalogue out to go check.

ThatÂ’s also key that there is a 65% employment rate, so you have a really good chance of getting a job. Even though 80% of photographers are self employed, if I start my own business, chances are that it won't succeed and IÂ’ll have to look elsewhere. Even though I wouldnÂ’t make as much money, I would take being hired by a company over self-employment anyday for job security alone.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom