[Movie] Kick ***

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've never really understood what makes the second word in Kick-*** a curse word. Wow, it means someone's behind - how offensive! :p I mean, it isn't really over here but over in the states it is.

I can see where some of them are rude..especially if used in a slangish way but besides that I really don't see why they are so looked down on

I think when it's combined with Jack it it becomes offensive in the USA, but I am quite content with the good old fashioned English arse.

Yea...I have to agree this is the type of movie that you would compare to superbad, etc...but I like that movies..a lot better than a lot of the crap that comes out

Although I might have the time for movies like Superbad, Sex Drive, Road Trip, American Pie etc, at least they are better some of the restarded garbage like which Jason Friedberg, Aaron Seltzer and Craig Mazin seem to come up with. Eg. Scary Movie, Epic Movie, Meet the Spartans etc.
Orginally when I started seeing movie posters of this where you have a picture of Dave dressed up looking like big green condom, I was thinking "WTF is this garbage?!?!?" However when i found out that it was based on a comic that Mark Miller wrote, I would give it a shot as I do enjoy his work.

a buddy of mine told me a local regal cinema decided to take down the poster for kick *** due to foul language. <-- hey look even TF's censors flagged it.

This same friend influenced me to see this movie with him. I'd rate it 6-7 out of 10. I thought the beginning was a bit slow, unimaginative, and unbelievable. However, as the movie continued, I began enjoying it more. Prolly mainly due to the action picking up and then finally nailing the bad guy.

I can't help but think that the name of the movie is a marketing ploy. Do you think Kick *** is the most appropiate name for this movie. i guess i never looked into the comics though. But, I feel the main plot wasn't really about kick *** rather the sub characters. Penny for your thoughts?

a buddy of mine told me a local regal cinema decided to take down the poster for kick *** due to foul language. <-- hey look even TF's censors flagged it.

This same friend influenced me to see this movie with him. I'd rate it 6-7 out of 10. I thought the beginning was a bit slow, unimaginative, and unbelievable. However, as the movie continued, I began enjoying it more. Prolly mainly due to the action picking up and then finally nailing the bad guy.

I can't help but think that the name of the movie is a marketing ploy. Do you think Kick *** is the most appropiate name for this movie. i guess i never looked into the comics though. But, I feel the main plot wasn't really about kick *** rather the sub characters. Penny for your thoughts?

Eh I think they just named it that due to the comic being named that. I haven't seen the movie yet so i can't really give my opinion on the plot though.

About the name though. Seriously, what is so bad about those words? The only reason people look down on them is because we are told too from birth. Kind of like how certain drugs are illegal but yet alcohol isn't. What's so bad about the drugs? Nothing really, we are just told they are bad so everyone thinks they are. Look at the bible, if even uses the words (only in certain ways though..their "proper" ways I guess) so I have no clue where it originates at that we are suppose to hate them.....

About the name though. Seriously, what is so bad about those words? The only reason people look down on them is because we are told too from birth. Kind of like how certain drugs are illegal but yet alcohol isn't. What's so bad about the drugs? Nothing really, we are just told they are bad so everyone thinks they are. Look at the bible, if even uses the words (only in certain ways though..their "proper" ways I guess) so I have no clue where it originates at that we are suppose to hate them.....

drugs are bad in the sense that they degrade your body's health. I'd imagine that it could be proven to shorten a person's lifespan by a significant amount. Some people that are on drugs act irrationally and create a risk to others. Alcohol was deemed illegal at one point in time. Why was prohibition overturned?

as far as the use of curse words, it could prolly relate the same way. when these words are spoken, they convey unwanted, disturbing, unpleasant images or thoughts into one's head. However, I do believe that curse words help emphaze one's emotions or helps draw a person's attention.

edit - be careful of a thread hijack here.

Watched this last night...EPIC. LOVED IT.

I only have a couple gripes, but they don't really take away from the movie. Basically, the curse of any movie based off a comic or graphic novel, there are some differences...

The huge one is the relationship with the girl he likes...in the comic she gets super angry at him when he tells her he isn't gay, and he sure didn't do it in his Kick-*** outfit.

The torture scene, I can't remember if it was actually broadcast or not, but I do know that the torture was WAY more graphic in the novel. Like electrocuting the kid's genitals brutal. I know why they took that out.

And I believe the way that Big Daddy died was completely different, but I'd have to re-read the novel again. I don't have it memorized.

But I still loved every second of this movie. Next on my list of awesome movies to see is Scott Pilgrim Vs. The World. Looks amazing.

I would like to pick up the book some day, but I am waiting for the soft cover version. Millar does have a second Kick *** book coming out at the end of the year. But I am not sure if we really need to see another Kick *** movie.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom