[Movie] Kick ***

Status
Not open for further replies.

Harper

"I FEEL SO GOOD I FEEL SO NUMB, YEAH!!!"

Dave Lizewski, a typical teenage boy, wonders why no one has ever decided to become a real-life superhero like the heroes in the comic books. His friends at a comic book store told him that if anyone did become a superhero, they would get their *** kicked, and probably be killed. Despite this, Dave decides to create a superhero costume for himself and become a masked crimefighter.

Might see this movie tonight as I could do with a laugh.

I saw that about a week ago - it was pretty good actually, if a little kiddish (sort of - there are some REALLY gorey bits, like an 11-year-old girl chaining a guy to a car in a car crusher and then turning it on. In fact, forget the kiddish thing). Totally worth seeing.
Lots of funny bits, good action scenes, and several crowning moments of awesome.

But yeah, a very aptly-named movie!

:C like another week before it opens in the US

can't wait to see it though

Btw ? When are you yanks getting iron man 2. Aust has the date down at April 29 2010.

I saw that about a week ago - it was pretty good actually, if a little kiddish (sort of - there are some REALLY gorey bits, like an 11-year-old girl chaining a guy to a car in a car crusher and then turning it on. In fact, forget the kiddish thing). Totally worth seeing.
Lots of funny bits, good action scenes, and several crowning moments of awesome.

But yeah, a very aptly-named movie!

You are right about it not being a kids flick. I saw one family that ignored the Mature rating walked out. I have noticed that it's Restricted in the states, and I can see why. :facepalm:
The movie was funny, but it did have some rather rough bits in it. The 11 year turning on a car crusher being one of them. And Kick *** and Big Daddy getting the snott kicked out of them on the Internet was rather rough too.
Most of the humour is really geared at teenagers and people that find 11 years saying crude 4 letter words. However I did that entire thing about the rocket launcher from start to finish.
Plus I like some of the Spider-Man references.
"With no power comes no responsibility."
&
"What the difference between Peter Parker and Spider-Man. Spider-man gets the girl!"

The entire film reminds me of those teenager flicks like Superbad crossed over with Kill Bill Volume 1 crossed over with super heroes. Much better than Defendor which struck on the same vain as wannabe super heroes. However Defendor was rather depressing where Kick *** was funny and violent.

Next comic book movie to look forward to now is Iron Man 2 at the end of this month.

oh man, i envision this moviw influencing a bunch of nerds dressing up and running amuck in real life. I've watched slackers and sex drive on starz last nite. i think these movies are geared toward the same audience; teen romance comedy. cept this adds action into the mix.

I'm more apt to go watch date movie. prolly because i enjoy Tina Fey & Steve Correll in their TV shows. Although i do have a feeling date movie will not make high rankings.

So weird that movies titles have a curse word in it. I know times are changing and it's not that big of a deal...but still, weird. Or am I just crazy? lol

Yea...I have to agree this is the type of movie that you would compare to superbad, etc...but I like that movies..a lot better than a lot of the crap that comes out

So weird that movies titles have a curse word in it. I know times are changing and it's not that big of a deal...but still, weird. Or am I just crazy? lol

I've never really understood what makes the second word in Kick-*** a curse word. Wow, it means someone's behind - how offensive! :p I mean, it isn't really over here but over in the states it is.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom